• Welcome to Recreational Flying!
    A compelling community experience for all aviators
    Intuitive, Social, Engaging...Registration is FREE.
    Register Log in
Sign in to follow this  
Doug Evans

Show us your lightwing

Very nice. Always fascinated by the LW- keep the photos coming you lot!

yeah the lightwings small but simple and strong hey look nice and good to learn on am still considering 1 for my 1st a/c once i get there lol,if i find 1 that is not the quickest but who has to go fast to hav fun hey

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

A bit of history I found on 25-0032 history. A video of her flight across Australia with two flight star aircrafthttp://australianlightwingdatabase.wordpress.com/2014/02/05/the-alw-database/comment-page-1/#comment-3

Hi Doug, Just finished watching it.....what a great trip, and most of it at tree top height it seems.

sorry to hear they lost a man in the roll-over, but a good doco.

Cheers Davo

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

That was a really good watch. Obviously lots of support required to do a trip like that even these days.

• Agree 1

Hey Doug, Here is me in a float lightwing in a different life. This was just on the sandspit off Langford reef near Hayman island.

Note I'm in the left seat though definitely not the PIC.IMG.jpg.7b4a0f16003da2a6a3a9fec5d9c73d9c.jpg

• Like 3

Y

Hey Doug, Here is me in a float lightwing in a different life. This was just on the sandspit off Langford reef near Hayman island.

Note I'm in the left seat though definitely not the PIC.[ATTACH=full]28876[/ATTACH]

yes that was at Proserpine some time ago now remember her in the hanger there ! Believe she's was wrecked ?

Note I'm in the left seat though definitely not the PIC.[ATTACH=full]28876[/ATTACH]

Good too see ya in a Ligthwing mate suits u ! :-)

• Agree 1

[ATTACH=full]27666[/ATTACH] That was awesome thanks Doug

Here's 250080 when I owned her airframe no 6 i think sorry about the qualityimage.jpg.654b263b238a2aafc4c13acb22445b7f.jpg

• Like 3
  • Winner 1

Nice plane mate where do u fly ?

G'day Doug, I do most of my flying locally in the Roma,Injune area sw Qld. My strip and hanger are on one of our cattle properties and I fly the fence lines,bores.ect. I'ts great to see all the light wings on this site and hope to meet you all in person one day. Regards Clayt.026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

• Like 5