ThatcherCX 5

The Bear

I fly the prototype 2 place LSA Thatcher cx5 and have flown David Thatchers cx4 about 200 hours. They are exceptional planes that don't get enough press----- they are inexpensive to build , fly and maintain and are real aircraft of aluminum construction. They perform very well and are a pleasure to fly. I will be flying the new CX5 to SunNFun and will present two forums on the planes. By then the CX5 plans will be available along with a prepunched kit for the single place CX4. I have posted various videos and pilot reports on the Thatcher Aircraft site. I have been too busy to engage in lists like this but will have more time now. I do not own the company but simply Love the airplanes that my good friend David Thatcher has designed.

• Like 1

you got it wrong. Real aircraft are made of fabric mate. ;-)

Yes, I know what you mean. I have tons of hours in fabric aircraft...many in a Taylorcraft. It was very nice but hangars cost too much here so I guess I will never own another fabric plane. I do like the zero maintenance of 6061T aluminum. The CX4 built ten years ago and sat outside in the Florida humidity all those years and shows no corrosion at all.

I own the new 2 place tandem CX5 - the prototype- and it is very nice. Revmaster VW 2300 performs very well and the flight controls are very intuitive and responsive. Tons of room inside too. Best visibilty of any aircraft I have ever flown and can be built for about 25k with new factory run engine....hard to beat in my book as an all around airplane.

Glen

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum! there's one of those for sale in the member's market, looks sweet!

Yes, the CX4 for sale is the single place CX4 which has been out for about ten years. The CX5 in a brand new 2 place tandem LSA that looks very similar and flies much the same too. It is awesome.