777-200 Known Issue

Hello,

I'll pop in here once and a while to look at stuff, but have never registered or posted. I figured I put enough time into researching this over the weekend that I figured I'd share it here in hopes of getting some feedback on this.

I've been bored/annoyed with all of the hair brained theories on MH370 and did a very deep dive around a few things this weekend. What I found was very interesting and I went a lot deeper on it than I had originally planned. After writing up a very lengthy description of this for some non-pilot friends, a few people asked me to post this online. I didn't have anywhere to put it so a friend put it up on his blog that he rarely uses. If anyone has time, I'd be very interested in hearing some feedback on this from pilots who may be able to talk me through some of the things that I don't have answers for. Article is located here if anyone is interested. http://www.happyhourpolitics.com/national/what-happened-to-the-malaysian-mh370-flight/

• Like 2
  • Informative 3

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for sharing this and doing the research into it. Hopefully we will all find out what happened soon.

At least that way we won't have to rely on media outlets and journalists for their versions...

Cheers

• Agree 1

Be objective ................ you (some) can't generalise and imply ALL media outlets and journalists are unreliable

075_amazon.gif.0882093f126abdba732f442cccc04585.gif

If any think that ................ you should join the 'flat earth society'

With matters aviation they don't have (or bother) to get the correct story. Any sensation sells papers which is the main aim. Selected news comes down to views. You cannot trust most of the media. I've been at incidents where the "facts" are so altered as to be the opposite of what actually was said. Nev

• Helpful 1

This is the most informed and logical theory I have read to date. It remains a theory though like all of the others (many based on nothing at all) and only the discovery of the voice & data recorders will unravel the facts.

I have no need to defend media outlets or journalists

GG & FH ........ if the person that created this thread (hhelgesen) was a journalist you might be kicked out of the 'flat earth society !'

They work for nearly nothing now and don't have "experts" (as in aviation) any more..I have dealt with many journo's in the past. They are human like the rest of us.. I recall when I questioned a few of them about their spin on things they always said something like. "There are only 2 kinds of Journo's in Australia. Those who work for Rupert Murdoch and those who are going to". They have a big crisis in their industry at the moment. Nev

• Agree 1

I'm inclined to agree. The one bloke Murdoch had here who could have adapted to change (Williams?) was sent packing. . We have the highest media concentration in the world. Can't be good. Nev

An excellent and enlightening read. Thanks for posting this. I for one always believed the pilots were faced with an emergency of frightening proportions and that they did all they could to save the hull and the pax. I also believe they were overcome by smoke/annoxia early in the event and lost consciousness (and subsequently their lives.). The media love a good conspiracy theory and in this case have flogged it unmercifully. I only hope that the FDR and CVR can be retrieved and that they will help clear up this sad occurrence.

• Agree 4

Tonight on ABC news there was comment from some dork called an "Aviation Writer" about how the changes in altitude & direction could only be caused by human input. Where do they find these idiots who somehow have become complete experts on all of the intricate systems of a modern passenger aircraft.

• Agree 2

Bear in mind that the cockpit voice recorder, if found, may only have the last 30 minutes of the flight. If all on board were no longer alive for many hours, there will be nothing of use on the CVR provided it operated throughout the whole flight. The FDR readout may be more useful .

Guest Andys@coffs

I mean I personally am really glad that the CVR only has 30 minutes on it, for the size it is, technically, adding more than 30 minutes would be a serious technical challenge.....

<sarcasm off> Realistically having 30 days audio is hardly a challenge....These things FDR and CVR and realtime data communications have not kept pace with change.....Arguments that there isn't enough satellite bandwidth available is true if you use that for all aircraft flying everywhere, if, however you only use them for flight over oceans well beyond land line of sight then it seems entirely possible, use ADSB style capability for when over land......

Does anyone really think we should be flogging all our defence people around the southern indian ocean looking for the haystack in which the needle might just be found....insanity in this day and age.....

Andy

I can record 4 hours of video on my mobile phone. Pretty simple these days with micro SD cards. It may make sense to record entire flights but only upload some summary data every few minutes.