Windscreen cleaning

Roscoe

Hi all

Could someone recommend a good cleaning product for the Jabiru Windscreens?

I know there are many products available in the USA but haven't seen any here in OZ.

Thanks a lot

Roscoe

I'd go for Plexus. Watch out for some where if you get a slight mist of water some of the residue turns white. You can get a water repellent one too that is used for motorcycle helmet visors. Nev

I find if you overdo the application, you can get that misting effect. Found that after applying it, spray clean water on, then quickly shamois the screen off (before the water dries ), seems to work.??

Thanks for the tip, m/cycle plexus, will chase some up...

Maybe my post was misleading if it infers the Plexus product makes a water repellent formula. I'm not sure they do specifically although it may perform well in this regard. Plexus used to be regarded as THE one to use. If I was flying in an area where short local showers were common I would go a little further with getting a repellent. You can look out the side if you are used to doing it, BUT some products work well. Nev

I'm a bit paranoid about scratching windscreens - so here's my approach.

Use a small sprayer with clean water, coarse settings and spray the screen vigorously to clean off sand and grit, and soften insects. It should 'run' with water. Best time to clean windscreen is when it's been out in dew or rain overnight.

Then use a clean chamois to wipe the screen down using vertical strokes only.

Then - you can consider using a Perspex polish. Again - no round and round action - just vertically with a very soft cloth.

happy days,

• Like 1

I use Mr Sheen on my Lexan screen. It cleans and the polish in it fills and hides the really small scratches. Never Ever use any paper towelling or other paper based cleaning wipes, they will scratch plastic screens. Always use a clean soft cloth.

This is what I always used and it is the only approved product by Flight Design on their complete range of aircraft

Darn iPad with its copy and paste

It's in the rec fly clear prop shop and it's called composiclean spray wax

Here is the link

http://www.clearprop.com.au/for-aircraft/general-aircraft-equip/composiclean-spray-wax.html

The android samsung phone works