Video: Jabiru UL 450 to Lake Glen Maggie

Keenaviator

Nice video. I'd be a bit hesitant to use the suction cup mount on the outside of an airplane though. They have been known to come off due to the combination of wind force and pressure drop at altitude.

Nice video. I'd be a bit hesitant to use the suction cup mount on the outside of an airplane though. They have been known to come off due to the combination of wind force and pressure drop at altitude.

You assume I use a suction mount? When you assume you make ass out of u and me. I too would be hesitant to use a suction mount. There are much more secure ways you know. Laurie.

The sticky back mount is very strong. It's stuck to a 3mm inspection panel that in turn is attached to the wing with 4 x 4mm screws in rivnuts. Laurie.

Ps, there's no way I'd be using a suction mount outside the cockpit.

Added it to the airfield listings.http://www.recreationalflying.com/hotspots/lake-glenmaggie.720/

You might like to add more information about the strip.

It is important to note that this is a private airfield and you must have permission from one of the operators before landing. Regards, Laurie

You assume I use a suction mount? When you assume you make ass out of u and me. I too would be hesitant to use a suction mount. There are much more secure ways you know. Laurie.

It wasn't exactly an assumption, the shadow of the GoPro as you turned looked like the suction mount. And yes, I DO know there are more secure ways!

It wasn't exactly an assumption, the shadow of the GoPro as you turned looked like the suction mount. And yes, I DO know there are more secure ways!

No worries Scott. These forums can be very impersonal and responses can be read as terse although not intended that way. Glad you like the video. BTW, the presence of the gopro is not noticeable at all in the aircraft handling or performance. Pretty sure you're a regular video uploaded too; always great to see our wonderful Aussie scenery. Laurie.

• 2 weeks later...
It is important to note that this is a private airfield and you must have permission from one of the operators before landing. Regards, Laurie

And whatever you do don't turn up in a trike as the retired dentist owner will be extremely rude and grumpy if he is still owns it or is kicking that is, even if you have permission from one of the other people living on the strip.

Other than that it is a lovely strip to land & take off on.

Alf

• Haha 1

^ Haha, you make it sound like visiting some remote corner of the Amazon basin - turn and point along the strip and leave your engine running in case the crazy locals try to knock your teeth out insane.gif.b56be3c4390e84bce5e5e6bf4f69a458.gif

Old fella must have been missing causing pain to his patients I think, could not escape as he drove his car down the middle of the runway as I was about to depart, parked about 5 foot from the front and got out of the car frothing and going off his nut at us trikers.

After he finished his abusive rant and told us to p!ss off his strip I kindly told him to move his truckin car and I will p!ss off you cantankerous old C U Next Tuesday.

Thank god I was never a patient of his when he was a practicing dentist

And no I have never gone back even though I now fly 3 axis which are welcome

Alf