Installing a JPI 450 fuel scan to Rotax 912

Has anyone fitted a JPI fuel scan to a Rotax?

I have two transducers one is called feed. " self explanatory" the other is return " only if the return comes from the carby which it doesn't" do I fit that transducer to other carby in feed, seems to me it may deduct that volume!!!

Any ideas?

Rod

Only one transducer in the feed line that feeds BOTH carbs. Some systems with fuel pumps feed excess fuel back to the tank. In that case one transducer in the feed line ( "a") and one in the return ( "b')...... "b" subtracts from "a" and you get fuel usage

Thanks Geoff , that makes sense I know , just thought a transducer in each feed line after the return would have been simpler,but they must have their reasons.

Don't want to steal your thread rodr,

But just wanting to explore the vast knowledge from some of the fine contributors on here.

My JPS 450 fuel flow meter stopped working this time home just on my last flight, stopped for awhile reading the flow then started again then did that a few more times then stopped for the last couple of hours reading the flow.

I am thinking maybe the turbine wheel may have possibly have a foreign object stopping it spinning, all the cables seem ok

Any ideas guys?

I have not had time to remove all the heat shielding around it to have a serious look at it before I went to work.

Cheers

Alf

Havent had that problem with two of these fitted that I use regularly. If it is failing to display full stop then can only be as you describe

or the wiring connection ,this is the white wire , check the connector plug in the loom, I would go there first considering if it were a blockage it would be most likely continuous from the start. Intermittant readings more like a connector ,just my thoughts.

cheers Rod

Havent had that problem with two of these fitted that I use regularly. If it is failing to display full stop then can only be as you describeor the wiring connection ,this is the white wire , check the connector plug in the loom, I would go there first considering if it were a blockage it would be most likely continuous from the start. Intermittant readings more like a connector ,just my thoughts.

cheers Rod

Thanks Rodr

I have had the plane for almost 2 years and done about 160 hrs in it with no issues with the 450 up until the other day, I will check the white wire when I get back home in a few weeks time.

Alf