Duxford, wonderful old aircraft

planedriver

My horrible mean & nasty wife is making me go to Flying Legends this year 017_happy_dance.gif.8a199466e9bd67cc25ecc8b442db76ba.gif

I am just trying to decide what other shows to attend while we are in the UK. I would really like to see the Avro Vulcan fly.

• Like 1

Excellent video, Planey....

My horrible mean & nasty wife is making me go to Flying Legends this year 017_happy_dance.gif.8a199466e9bd67cc25ecc8b442db76ba.gifI am just trying to decide what other shows to attend while we are in the UK. I would really like to see the Avro Vulcan fly.

Yeh, Mick - I saw the Vulcan at Wings & Wheels (Dunsfold) a few years ago - definitely worth it! Try to get to Old Warden if you can - the Shuttleworth Collection is one of the best, and if the weather is nice you get to see the Edwardian planes fly....magic!

Cheers,

Neil

My horrible mean & nasty wife is making me go to Flying Legends this year 017_happy_dance.gif.8a199466e9bd67cc25ecc8b442db76ba.gifI am just trying to decide what other shows to attend while we are in the UK. I would really like to see the Avro Vulcan fly.

Just take some earplugs Mick, otherwise if the misses has a whinge, you won't hear a word she say's:oh yeah:

P.S. Don't forget to visit the RAF museum in NW London, it's amazing.

I was at Duxford about 5 years ago. It was the best organised and sustained flying display on both days of the weekend. I have been to many but this show has to be the best anywhere. It has to be the first on your bucket list for seeing the warbirds fly, landing and taking off in front of the spectators on an enormous grass field.

• 5 weeks later...

Does anyone know of any good airshows in France this September, or in southern England 4 - 7 October? I looked up a list and the only one in England seems to be Shuttleworth Old Warden on 5/10. Thanks!

Does anyone know of any good airshows in France this September, or in southern England 4 - 7 October? I looked up a list and the only one in England seems to be Shuttleworth Old Warden on 5/10. Thanks!

Hi Marty,

Old Warden is always great, but there seem to be another couple of shows too, according to :-

http://britishairshows.com/calendar.html#September :-

October 4 - 5 Old Buckenham Airfield, Norfolk

NR17 1PU Military Revival Static and airborne displays by warbirds of all eras. Re-enactments of 20th century battles. Living History encampments. Parades, 1940's hangar dance, trade stalls and funfair. Former WWII USAAF air base. Adult £10 Sat, £15 Sun, £20 weekend.

01953 860806

October 5 Old Warden, Bedfordshire

SG18 9EP Shuttleworth Collection Airshow Season Finale - Race Day. Expect gates at 9am. Flying 2pm - 5pm. Adult advance ticket £20

01767 627927

October 5 Old Sarum Airfield, Salisbury, Wilts

SP4 6DZ Vintage Sunday Get-together of vintage aircraft, cars and motorbikes. Free landing for pre-1965 craft. Others £10. Free entry for visitors

I have been to Old Sarum, and it is smaller than Old Warden, but enjoy whichever one(s) you go to!

Cheers,

Neil

• Informative 1

Hi Marty,Old Warden is always great, but there seem to be another couple of shows too, according to :-

http://britishairshows.com/calendar.html#September :-

October 4 - 5 Old Buckenham Airfield, Norfolk

NR17 1PU Military Revival Static and airborne displays by warbirds of all eras. Re-enactments of 20th century battles. Living History encampments. Parades, 1940's hangar dance, trade stalls and funfair. Former WWII USAAF air base. Adult £10 Sat, £15 Sun, £20 weekend.

01953 860806

October 5 Old Warden, Bedfordshire

SG18 9EP Shuttleworth Collection Airshow Season Finale - Race Day. Expect gates at 9am. Flying 2pm - 5pm. Adult advance ticket £20

01767 627927

October 5 Old Sarum Airfield, Salisbury, Wilts

SP4 6DZ Vintage Sunday Get-together of vintage aircraft, cars and motorbikes. Free landing for pre-1965 craft. Others £10. Free entry for visitors

I have been to Old Sarum, and it is smaller than Old Warden, but enjoy whichever one(s) you go to!

Cheers,

Neil

Thanks Neil!

Just based on geography I think I'll stick with Old Warden, seems a bit closer to London where we're staying than the others. With a 6yo and 4yo on public transport, closer is better!

Thanks Neil!Just based on geography I think I'll stick with Old Warden, seems a bit closer to London where we're staying than the others. With a 6yo and 4yo on public transport, closer is better!

Hi Marty,

Yep - that would be my choice too, given you are staying in London. BTW, as you are in London and using public transport if you want to see a great Air Museum then Hendon is really easy to get to, and well worth a visit :-

http://www.rafmuseum.org.uk/london/plan-your-day/map-and-directions.aspx

Cheers

Neil

Hi Marty,Yep - that would be my choice too, given you are staying in London. BTW, as you are in London and using public transport if you want to see a great Air Museum then Hendon is really easy to get to, and well worth a visit :-

http://www.rafmuseum.org.uk/london/plan-your-day/map-and-directions.aspx

Cheers

Neil

Thanks again Neil - that looks great and I'll be sure to visit. Appreciate the tips!