Hi everybody

Back in the air after 22 years ,married ,kids and house to pay off held me up .Wifes happy ,kids have grown up and house is paid for now its time to see the world buy more toys and have some fun before I die.Just started on my RAA cert. hopefully finished before summer.

• Winner 1

Welcome, 409. You seem to be slap bang in the middle of our demographic. You'll find this forum a bit like Wikipedia- a great source of information, much of it provided by enthusiastic amateurs, but there are many highly-qualified and experienced flyers on here as well. No doubt you have a story to tell about past aviating and what brought you to this forum.

Something else fascinates me: where people get their handle from. Mine is from the valley I grew up in.

Thanks guys ,my handle is from my first drag car a holden 1 tonner with a 409 cubic inch chevy powering it .Always loved aircraft and flying from early childhood .I wish I could have learned when I was young with quicker reflexs etc but I am still not too bad I still drive an 8 second 1/4 mile race car and do ok .

Hi Jab WW started in a 152 22 years ago now in a Gazelle and soon in a Tecnam P92 if all goes good .Looking at getting my own in the near future ,something that will do 100 knots cruise and can handle bush strips.

HI 409,

Welcome, like you I waited for the kids to grow up and pay all the debts. A few months ago passed my restricted RAA licence in a Tecnam P92.

Just started Nav and should have that in a month or so.

Good luck with your flying, I hope you enjoy as much as I have,

cheers Butch.

PS.... this forum is great....have learnt so much from reading all the posts.