Bunyip ultralight

Guest rxbrumby

Guest rxbrumby

I was wondering if anybody knew anything about bunyip ultralights. There is one up for sale not too far from were I live, going cheap but needing a bit of work. I havent had much luck with seaching the net, only a couple of videos and one posting on this forum. Would this unit be suitable for a new pilot (I have only got 20 odd hours of experiance) or would I be better of loging more hours and waiting for something else to come up in my price and experiace range.

Hi, just saw the add on ebay it is very similar to the Tyro there may be some connection as both were built in South Australia. a cheap entry point to start flying if in reasonable condition.

ozzie

Guest rxbrumby

Thanhs for the replies guys. The one that I am looking is on ebay, it has never been regestered as it was only used on private property for mustering. The original owner only had 2 or 3 lessons so it must have been an easy thing to fly. So my next questine is how would I go about getting it rego'ed and airworthed. Also would I be able to do the maintance/repaires myself.

Scott

Guest rxbrumby

Thank you for the advice. I was thinking the same thing when he stated that it was never rego'ed and flown unlicenced. I was only going to see if it sold or not, if it didnt I was going to offer him what it was worth in scrap only. I realy want a 2 seater, Ill keep saving/dreaming/hoping to win lotto!

Scott

• 4 years later...
Thank you for the advice. I was thinking the same thing when he stated that it was never rego'ed and flown unlicenced. I was only going to see if it sold or not, if it didnt I was going to offer him what it was worth in scrap only. I realy want a 2 seater, Ill keep saving/dreaming/hoping to win lotto!Scott

Ha Ha funny that was mine!!!I was the who sold that old girl.....I was the second owner and never flew it past a few bunny hops as It was not airworthy..they do have a connection with the tyro both built at goolwa ..theres only three left for good reason...the tail fell off if not re-bracketed and the wings constanly tore rivetsand cracked, and the frame pod mount cracked etc....ahh glad for my new thruster..

The Bunyip may have been a problem however the Tyro is a good basic 95:10 and I believe that to this day is the only fully certified 95:10 aircraft.Alan Marriette, previous Tyro owner.

I agree in that the Tyro is a good basic 95:10,was going for one, but got a better price on the thruster also a good 95:10 ( and not to different to the tyro,,) theres a Bunyip just up the road Here still flying (from a farm) has had the tail bracket replaced and apperently some shot gun pallet holes fixed(the next door nieghbour got sick of his low level sheep swooping..)..lol

• 2 weeks later...
Ha Ha funny that was mine!!!I was the who sold that old girl.....I was the second owner and never flew it past a few bunny hops as It was not airworthy..they do have a connection with the tyro both built at goolwa ..theres only three left for good reason...the tail fell off if not re-bracketed and the wings constanly tore rivetsand cracked, and the frame pod mount cracked etc....ahh glad for my new thruster..

I should mention that bunyip was 1 of 2 I owned.I also had a later model with larger pod and bigger rotax(elactric start) they were owned by a cattle farmer and were used up north for mustering..I lernt to fly in the better of the two(thats another storey) and after some time and damage,she 2 became inoperable,trying to find a pic of the second bunyip,it was blue ,red and white (the origanal coulor I believe).