Hi from USA

Craig_J

Hi all, I blundered across this site while researching a particular LSA which originates in your neck of the woods. It's harder to find as many owner reports and discussions on the Jabiru J230D since they're not nearly as prolific here as in Australia and South Africa. Right now I'm simply trying to better educate myself about the 230 from folks who fly them most, so I'll be on my way over to the Jabiru section of the LSA models forums. Just wanted to say hello.

I'm looking to get back flying again after a very long hiatus. My last bird is in the avatar, 1967 Pa-28 140/160. Need an LSA that can safely depart 610m turf field (w/ 16m obstacle) @ MTOW; field elevation 116m, summer density altitudes can get as high as 915m. My USA 3rd class medical certificate I have kept current but just have not flown in forever. Easy to fly, forgiving yet capable, economical to operate (an oxymoron in aviation...), and good looking appearance are the boxes that need to be checked off. J230 best candidate so far. Oh yes, and pilot comfort-- I am 190cm and 100kg.