RAA November offer to lapsed members

fly_tornado

I just received this email from the RAA.

raamail.png

A couple of suggestions.

Include "A call to action" link to the RAA's website. Maybe something compelling?

Make "an offer" something like a limited time offer like a discount to rejoin. Its not costing the RAA anything to have these members rejoin. Seriously, why did you signup with vision6?

Also consider offering "some news", we left/lapsed the RAA for a reason.

Why not personalise it? you have all our details.

Good luck with the responses

• Agree 2

I knew there were some egos around, but putting a Royal Crown on your message?

Not really an ego - just a play on the un-used WWII British sign for "Keep Calm and Carry On" that was to be used if and when the Germans arrived in the UK ... turns out they didn't arrive so it was never used ... but it forms the basis of heaps of derivative slogans and all come with teh UK crown as it was an intrinsic part of the original ;-)

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Informative 1

I just received this email from the RAA.raamail.png

A couple of suggestions.

Include "A call to action" link to the RAA's website. Maybe something compelling?

Make "an offer" something like a limited time offer like a discount to rejoin. Its not costing the RAA anything to have these members rejoin. Seriously, why did you signup with vision6?

Also consider offering "some news", we left/lapsed the RAA for a reason.

Why not personalise it? you have all our details.

Good luck with the responses

Your exactly right about the call to action. If they had a link they could click to a payment portal with a discount or some other incentive I'm sure the rejoining rates would be higher. On the plus side at least they are trying to boost the membership. A rising tide lifts all ships!

Guest Maj Millard
Yeah, I got one too. Good idea IMHO as it has given me pause to have a think about it. Still not so sure I can be bothered with aviating anymore though.

c'mon Locks..........you know you want to.....

Guest Maj Millard
Except those that are already sunk. Nev

Facto....RAAus is anything but sunk...except in the eyes perhaps unfortunatly of non- members like you. The negativity has ended. we have the best team and the most productive and progressive board that we have probabily had in our 30 year history. Our current growth rate is around 20 new members / aircraft per month for an average of around 220-240. ...and expected to rise with some of the changes and program's that the board has put on place. This is a positive time to be on the big boat , not in a little one wishing you were ....

Blood hell Maj. I'm not talking about the organisation. I'm talking about individuals. I lost about 70,000 dollars which I could ill afford . Many other the same sort of thing. Not the fault of RAAus. I never said it was. I'm NOT an RAAus basher. This is not the first time you have brought up the fact I am a "lapsed" member . Give it a break . I don't need it and it's not a productive line of attack. I don't have any spare cash and I don't know if I can ever get to that point again.. Go and pick on the real knockers. Nev

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Informative 1

Your exactly right about the call to action. If they had a link they could click to a payment portal with a discount or some other incentive I'm sure the rejoining rates would be higher. On the plus side at least they are trying to boost the membership. A rising tide lifts all ships!

Why should the existing long suffering members subsidise your rejoin costs? If you don't like the service -walk away, but don't expect us to fund your patronising rejoin.

• Agree 3

Well I think you either want to be a member or you don't. If you want to be a member pay the fee and join the same as everyone else if you don't then don't.Cheers Geoff13

It's basically a monopoly. The term WANT is very loose when you HAVE to be a member to fly an ultralight.

• Agree 1

we should also scrap the student discount and magazine only subscription?

Well I think you either want to be a member or you don't. If you want to be a member pay the fee and join the same as everyone else if you don't then don't.

Lots of businesses and organisations provide "tempters" and discounts to get people in or back in. It's marketing.

It's good for the business. RAA is no different.

Can't you see how an up front (say $50) discount can reap benefits to come for years if it gets previous members back?

A blanket "pay, or go away" is very short sighted and counterproductive.

The Clear Prop shop always has "specials" displayed and I think proper marketing has been missing totally from the RAA leaving the FTF's to largely recruit new pilots.

I would actually like to see a proper colaboration between the RAA and FTF's to market recreational aviation professionally.

Now I'm going to watch some fun and interesting videos on the RAA youtube page......or maybe not.......

• Agree 1

But where do you join the line? Today it's $50 discount, don't renewal, get another discount invite after 2 months, rinse and repeat.

Not sure discounts are the way to improve memberships, or whether it would even be covered by our constitution. All members being equal, same vote same membership fee.

Guest Maj Millard
It's the "how many join" vs "how many leave" that is important.Not much point spruking about 20 joining if 30 leave.

From speaking with the CEO last weekend the twenty are new members ....not returning members although we are going to get some of them also it seems.........