Logging on with an iPad

pmccarthy

Does anyone have a way of staying logged in to Recreational Flying on an iPad? On my computer it is no problem. But on an iPad, which is what I mostly use, I have to type name and password each time I log on. It gets tedious. The iPad will stay logged on until I use another non-Safari application such as reading the paper or checking the weather, then I have to start over.

I think there is an option on the log in screen to stay logged in. Mine stays logged in but I leave a page open in safari in recflying maybe if I was to close that tab I would have to log in but it works for me.

Guest Andys@coffs

ios 8?

If so perhaps you or someone else has turned on private mode. If it is then nothing gets remembered......How to tell? on the browser bar there are 2 overlapping squares on the very righthand side. clicking on that will show all the tabs you have open in safari. At the top is the word private next to a big plus and the word done. If private is the same text as the word doen then private mode is turned off and its not your issue. If however its reverse so that the text of private is background in a white square then private is turned on......

Another way to know is to look at the history (book icon on left hand top near the back and forward arrows) if you click on that book icon, click again on the pop up book icon of the 3, the other 2 being reading list(glasses) and shared links (@ sign) cant see history then again your probably in private mode

IOS 7 and 6 handled it differently but still, i think had private functionality, I don't use private mode myself so cant advise if it stays on once selected.... or if there is a setting in the settings section that relates to default private on or off etc

Andy