Is there a Natfly 2015?

Bubbleboy

Guest Andys@coffs

They did!

Go back and check your emails from RAAus. If you don't have them ask the office to update your membership details with your email address, or search the historic emails available in the membership portal.

It was discussed here as well in quite some detail and with great emotion.....

Andy

They did!Go back and check your emails from RAAus. If you don't have them ask the office to update your membership details with your email address, or search the historic emails available in the membership portal.

It was discussed here as well in quite some detail and with great emotion.....

Andy

Website still says that planning for natfly 2015 well under way...???

• Agree 1

Luckily for all you blokes, the gyro Nats are again on.......wondai Qld, Easter. 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif

Avalon will also have a large gyro presentation.......( you guys get even luckier ) 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif

Guest Andys@coffs

Yep agree and have sent a request for that to happen to the CEO. I suspect it will be updated by this time tomorrow

Andy

I heard there will be a Natfly in mid 2015 just not at Easter. I also heard that there will be an Ausfly over Easter 2015.

And Holbrook have moved their "Back to Holbrook" fly-in to Easter (4 & 5 April). This will mark 25 years since the first national fly in was conducted . . . . at Holbrook.

• Like 1

The demise of natfly I feel is a direct result of the apathy of mour members and the prevalent big plane/ga wannabe mentality of some of our members. The Natfly's that Carol organised were well attended and went off well, when someone else stepped in and though they could do it better, it fell in a heap. We had the council onside, we had the local club and people on side, we had a competent organiser that the management bypassed very rudely who made things happen. What we didnt have was the bulk of members onside. Whinges about how Narromine was better, closer, etc;, how Temora was too far (are we pilots or what?), wrong time, to hot, to cold..(.no hot and cold running dancing girls..074_stirrer.gif.5dad7b21c959cf11ea13e4267b2e9bc0.gif) or guys.... I hope the membership enjoy what they have because at the moment we have nothing. Hows that working for you...!!

Guest Andys@coffs

No, we are not in trouble, and yes we have a contract.

The decision was not made in isolation. Temora council was involved.

There are significant alternates very close in time to Easter this year, and considering declining member involvement there really wasn't an alternative. Carol was, by virtue of being a proxy, involved directly in this decision, and in fact, raising it as an issue for consideration.

Andy

The SAAA has confirmed that AusFly will be held later this year. A proposed weekend was recently advised to SAAA members but it was subsequently found to conflict with a Fathers Day and there is concern that attendance may be affected so another date is being considered. Once I hear something firm, I'll post it on this site and everyone will have the opportunity to support our very own "Ozkosh".

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

The latest from RA Aus website

"In 2015 instead of hosting our own fly-in, NatFly, Recreational Aviation Australia will be attending a number of fly-ins across the country to engage with members and like-minded aviation enthusiasts to talk all things aviation.

2015 is a busy year with regard to fly-ins. When you think about the Avalon air show in March, Holbrook and Narromine with fly-ins over Easter, Wings over Illawarra in May, AusFly and Wings over Warwick in September and the Jamestown Airshow in October (to name a few) you can see that it is a hectic year for fly-ins.

So, Recreational Aviation Australia has decided to not run NatFly at all in 2015.

We will have a presence at a number of fly-ins throughout the year and both board members and staff will get out as much as we can to meet and engage with our members. By attending a number of events we believe we will be able to engage with and listen to more of our members to find out your thoughts about everything to do with Recreational Aviation Australia. We are also keen to talk to you about our plans for the year as well as what is planned in 2016 and beyond.

If you’d like representatives from Recreational Aviation Australia to attend your club, or your show or meeting, just drop us a line. We will do our best to attend.

And finally, when we have news about the next time we run NatFly, we will be sure to let everyone know.

The SAAA has confirmed that AusFly will be held later this year. A proposed weekend was recently advised to SAAA members but it was subsequently found to conflict with a Fathers Day and there is concern that attendance may be affected so another date is being considered. Once I hear something firm, I'll post it on this site and everyone will have the opportunity to support our very own "Ozkosh".

Ozkosh? I like the sound of that, or perhaps an Auskosh.

Alan.

• Like 2