Bad weather in Brisbane

Traveling from Mel to Brisbane tonight on Qantas scheduled to arrive around 8:30 pm. I see the forecast is pretty ordinary. Scattered cloud down to 800ft, heavy rain, 20 kt ESE gusting to 35 kt, thunderstorms. Could make for an interesting arrival. At what point do they draw the line and decide to hold/divert?

Traveling from Mel to Brisbane tonight on Qantas scheduled to arrive around 8:30 pm. I see the forecast is pretty ordinary. Scattered cloud down to 800ft, heavy rain, 20 kt ESE gusting to 35 kt, thunderstorms. Could make for an interesting arrival. At what point do they draw the line and decide to hold/divert?

I'm not an airline pilot but it doesn't seem like no go conditions. 800ft isn't that low considering the ILS, the main factor will be the vis in the heavy rain and the location of the "cells" when nearing the aerodrome. Expect delays

Our aircraft is already delayed into Melbourne. By the look of it I might be contending with some flash flooding once on the ground.

people are complaining on twitter about planes being delayed but not cancellednot too sure about the footy, that looks slippery

CD5vs5VUUAA5_Zk.jpg

Apparently it's going ahead as long as there in no hail or lightning in the vicinity.

Bloody sooks, when I was a boy we would have put our flippers on and got out there. LOL

It's those bloody soft QLD ground staff! Wouldn't have been cancelled in blues country! 075_amazon.gif.0882093f126abdba732f442cccc04585.gif

• Caution 1