Spotted this on the weekend!

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

20060704_121941_WLightning.jpg

Nice looking machine.

Can't find much about them on Google. All I know is that it appears to be a "White Lightning," it has retracts and looks pretty slick and stylish, depending on your taste. Registered in Vic, but was in Cooly for this pic.

Any info appreciated...

MTOW listed as 1273, presumably inkilos as that's only 578 for a 4 seater if it was in pounds, so she's a heavy beast. Fitted with an IO-360 Continental. Certificate of airworthiness not issued with CASA so perhaps it is still yet to fly; hard to tell.

Wouldn't mind the Cessna Citation in the background either.

Nosmo

Guest Guest

Nope! Last time they let me at the controls of one of those I initiated a barrel roll much to the dislike of the ferry pilot friend of mine at the time. He muttered something about negative G's and turbines at the time at which point I explained that we would not be entering the negatives any time. Oh well, there's something he can add to his log book.

Guest Guest

I was in cooly earlier this week and saw that little machine also, looked impressive, think I could hear a Boomerang or Wirraway also as I was leaving?? Was tuesday morning...