Maitland Saturday the 4th of July

SDQDI

Well the weather is looking good from this end and I have a few people bidding (not with money or other barter just figuratively speaking) for the right hand seat, I had planned to head to Gulgong this weekend but I think maitland is winning at the minute.

I was a bit worried about the traffic but doesn't sound like anyone else is going so should be a breeze:what the:

• Like 1

We are having a poker run up here. Did it last year as a passenger after my 2nd lesson and promised myself that this year I would do it on my own. 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

Thats one I get to keep.

• Like 1

Oh dear and I thought I'd be away from you for the day:amazon:

If it is the one I'm thinking of i'll have to leave tonight to get there before you:duck for cover:

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

If you like that one, wait till I get my hands on this in a couple of weeks time . . .

small.JPG.5eea11a1e9c2fdff4a18a9d5415802c0.JPG

Just needs the reassembly, a good check over, a test flight, a tick from a LAME and RAAus.

Depending on weather I might even call in to YQDI on the way home from YHEC.

Will look a lot like this when I take delivery:

1552369955_SlingRedWhite.jpg.3f3911212c87c50dfb743ffc3d13a54b.jpg

• Like 4

Nice one Don. Looks like a close relative. I prefer your paint job- it will be cooler on a hot day and easier to see.

Our mate's last plane was a P200 and very impressive.

Keep that timber frame for future use.

• Winner 1

The Bristell and Sling are close competitors. I've been very impressed with the Bristell since they first came on the market here. The importer/distributer, Brett Anderson, I've personally found to be a good bloke.

I went for the Sling mainly due to its sliding canopy rather than a lift up bubble. I also liked the heavier build.

I've flown the P200 and found it very pleasant and easy to fly. Was not too keen on the fuel tank being in the fuselage though - much prefer in the wings.

Well I really enjoyed my day down there at maitland today:thumb up:

I woke up to a text from the bristel owner saying it was foggy (he lives five Ks west of me on the same road) but when I rolled out of bed and looked out it was clear here and I could see the range as clear as crystal, turns out to be just some local fog at his place which cleared by 8ish. We had a beautiful flight down (20 odd knots on the tail:thumb up:) which was smooth except for the expected lee side of the range bumps.

The airshow was awesome especially considering they were all fighting a decent crosswind to keep over the display runway. Our boy brett (he is our boy when things are going well:wink:) did an awesome display of fixed wing hovering and reversing and nice stol work (helped a bit by the wind but hey impressive is impressive:what the:)

I was a bit worried about getting home before last light as I knew we couldn't leave before half 3 and with a bumpy 20 knot headwind it wasn't a nice outlook. Once airborne and on climb I had a whopping 35 knot groundspeed with 80 nm distance to go (I'm thinking not looking good) once up to 3000ft we were up to 40knots groundspeed (ok not ideal but promising) and then as we climbed through 4000 up to 6500 the groundspeed crept up until it was matching our indicated (woohoo we are set) I was happy that naips had the winds aloft wrong and we enjoyed a beautiful bump free ride all the way home.

And as an added bonus I even had time once we got home to take the wifey for a fifteen minute flight which I think was nearly enough to counter the fact that I didn't take her down with me:wink:

• Like 1

Don we saw you there early but then we got caught up with everything and didn't get back to catch up with you. I hope you enjoyed your day there as much as we all did.

Yes, I had a look around but lost track of your group. Had a good day but glad I had the warm jacket with me. Would have been pretty miserable without it. It was all a bit of a duplication of the Gunnedah show but good anyway and the big crowd seemed to appreciate it. The Gozleme for lunch was superb! Seems RAAus will be there on Sunday. Doubt I can get back for Sunday as well.

An awesome day! Thanks to RNAC for professional coordination to ensure the action kept coming. Good tucker and facilities. Only a small downside: (besides the cold wind) it wasn't ideally set up for fly-ins, with taxiway blocked.

• Like 1

Only a small downside: (besides the cold wind) it wasn't ideally set up for fly-ins, with taxiway blocked.

Nothing bigger wheels wouldn't fix:whistling:

• Haha 1

It's where I started from a long time ago . Has a long and interesting history. Was at the end of the flying at District Park when it moved to Rutherford. District Park was a bit small especially when all the TV aerials ringed the grounds. I witnessed two planes clipping them ( there must have been more), and an Auster from Sydney had over 20 go's at landing before it gave up and went back to Bankstown. Nev

• Informative 1