Rotax oil

Thought will bring this subject up after purchasing a new box (12 x 1ltr) of aero shell sport plus4 oil. I had a release certificate and an expiry date, also on each red bottle (previous black with orange label). Called an expert in the oil industry and he said it is to do with the the antifoaming additives going off within a period of 4yrs from date of manufacture. The release document i received stated "this document is issued under the authority of joint fuels and lubricants agency, department of defence.

My point here is that the use by date from date of manufacture needs to be checked to ensure the oil is good for use.

• Informative 1

Also, don't forget to read the information:

WARNING:

DO NOT use AeroShell Oil Sport Plus 4 in engines that are designed to use Ashless Dispersant aviation piston engine oils such as AeroShell W Oils. This includes aircooled Teledyne Continental Motors, Textron Lycoming and Jabiru engines.

I thought the AeroShell Sport was black with an orange label and the AeroShell W100 was red bottle (a single grade ashless dispersant oil)?

Slb aeroshell sport plus 4 was always black with an orange label but I noticed just the other day that our local servo is stocking it in red bottles so looks like they have changed their packet:yikes: