Keenaviator at Stark Field North Qld.....

Guest Maj Millard

Guest Maj Millard

Ran into Keenaviator at Stark Field this morning after they overnighted in Townsville with travelling companion John in a J400....fuelled up and headed south for Bundaberg leaving around 1pm.....long way from the Latrobe Valley but the North has certainly turned out a blue sky for them.

image.jpg.5001722dd5e30139f25676f188c0c49c.jpg

image.jpg.03bf1cb150c79df7c2830becb73f60df.jpg

image.jpg.8a60fff56c5dc5cf6f7138b5dd9535e3.jpg

034_puzzled.gif.ea6a44583f14fcd2dd8b8f63a724e3de.gif

We were talking about you Bob and Sally...and Alf too

I think Alf's outback with his mates the flies , and we're stuck inside on one of Victoria's coldest day on record .... Yep, max temp 7 degrees here now and dropping . May get some snow ! Next week no better .Can't see us getting out before around the 23rd ...... Bob 019_victory.gif.9945f53ce9c13eedd961005fe1daf6d2.gif

Today was sthe first real winter day we have had in Central Qld. No great quantity of cloud all day. Much better than the previous month of dull, cloudy days. I can understand why someone would come up here from Vic.

• Agree 1

Once again................it's the jab brigade putting in the big ones. ( hey casa, whatya say, aye )...........oh, forgot.......the jab bashers as well.

Keenav and mate.......enjoy the return trip south.

• Like 2

Guest Maj Millard

Saw you guys around St Lawrence with 106kts GS on OzRunways. Nice little spot Emu park. Watch the powerlines running parallel to the runway on the right heading south, and the ones at the end of strip along road. Good run today you guys, well done.

Na Bob

Alf is at home until the 21st and enjoying this awesome rain that ruins his flying.

Maj,

Glad you got to meet up with Laurie, real good knacker with a real passion for aviation and a regular visitor down our way

• Like 2

Arrived home today. My little UL Jab performed faultlessly for the entire trip. Overall the flight was just under 33 hours. All the plane needed was fuel (mostly avgas) and about 1 litre of oil.

Fr John's oil leak turned out to be a faulty 'O' ring under the oil pump housing cover. This was fixed by Keith of Camit. Excellent service by Ian Bent. He and his company get my whole hearted endorsement.

Yesterday was a big day of flying for me. Jacob Well (north of the Gold Coast) to Porepunkah with refuelling stops at Moree, Dubbo and Cowra - 7.5 hours flying. Fortunately the actual weather was nothing like what was forecast. Headwinds of 20 to 25 knots were forecast but I managed to find initially only about 10 knots of head wind that dropped to nil and later a light tail wind.

The relatively short trip home today from Porepunkah was one of those awesome winter days. Initially a light headwind that ended up being a healthy tail wind - Porepunkah, Murtleford, Eildon, Healesville, Warburton, Powelltown and YLTV. Whipped off the cowls at YLTV and dropped the oil before heading home to Drouin. Great to be home - back to work tomorrow.

Laurie

• Informative 1
  • Winner 1

Arrived home today. My little UL Jab performed faultlessly for the entire trip. Overall the flight was just under 33 hours. All the plane needed was fuel (mostly avgas) and about 1 litre of oil.Fr John's oil leak turned out to be a faulty 'O' ring under the oil pump housing cover. This was fixed by Keith of Camit. Excellent service by Ian Bent. He and his company get my whole hearted endorsement.

Yesterday was a big day of flying for me. Jacob Well (north of the Gold Coast) to Porepunkah with refuelling stops at Moree, Dubbo and Cowra - 7.5 hours flying. Fortunately the actual weather was nothing like what was forecast. Headwinds of 20 to 25 knots were forecast but I managed to find initially only about 10 knots of head wind that dropped to nil and later a light tail wind.

The relatively short trip home today from Porepunkah was one of those awesome winter days. Initially a light headwind that ended up being a healthy tail wind - Porepunkah, Murtleford, Eildon, Healesville, Warburton, Powelltown and YLTV. Whipped off the cowls at YLTV and dropped the oil before heading home to Drouin. Great to be home - back to work tomorrow.

Laurie

I met you on Friday a Heck field when I went for a ride on my KTM 1190. Isnt it nice to meet people face to face without the perceived internet BS.

I was glad to meet you & it is good to hear you made it home, the weather wasnt looking too good when I was talking to you.

• Like 1

I met you on Friday a Heck field when I went for a ride on my KTM 1190. Isnt it nice to meet people face to face without the perceived internet BS.I was glad to meet you & it is good to hear you made it home, the weather wasnt looking too good when I was talking to you.

:wink:Do you mean to say that in person you are a nice bloke Dazza?074_stirrer.gif.5dad7b21c959cf11ea13e4267b2e9bc0.gif

Edit* this post is meant to be tongue in cheek not offensive!

:wink:Do you mean to say that in person you are a nice bloke Dazza?074_stirrer.gif.5dad7b21c959cf11ea13e4267b2e9bc0.gif

Edit* this post is meant to be tongue in cheek not offensive!

I like to think I am. But I cannot stand people spelling Hangar as hanger or gauge spelt guage. But what really jacks me of if lately is does being incorrectly spelt as dose. Seriously what kind of retard does that ? Just sayin, time to move on.

• Like 1

There getting better Daz, they're is still room for improvement though. (Tongue in cheek mistakes) Lol, our language is silly but I do understand the frustration when it comes to things like that. Fair enough if texting with a limited amount of characters but when typing with a spell checker we should be able to do better.

Last night I got to watch weird Al's video on bad spelling again, so hilarious but so true.

I am an easy going person. I am just taken the wrong way at times. Easily done in text. Nothing like meeting people face to face. I am direct in text simply because I simply don't like typing long posts. I cut things short at times. Which doesn't help the reader. Forums are great but they will never convey how or what a person is saying or feeling. Meeting Keenaviator a few days ago proves the point, a lovely and friendly man with a lot of aviation experience . We are all on the same side with common interests.

• Agree 1

I am an easy going person. I am just taken the wrong way at times. Easily done in text. Nothing like meeting people face to face. I am direct in text simply because I simply don't like typing long posts. I cut things short at times. Which doesn't help the reader. Forums are great but they will never convey how or what a person is saying or feeling. Meeting Keenaviator a few days ago proves the point, a lovely and friendly man with a lot of aviation experience . We are all on the same side with common interests.

Absolutely mate.

• Like 1