Dynon SkyView - now with OzRunways!

From software version 13, Dynon's SkyView EFIS now supports OzRunways and AvPlan mapping packages for those of us in Australia and EnZed! VTC/VNC/ERC look like they're supported at present.

The software itself will be available for download shortly after Oshkosh finishes up.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1
  • Caution 1

I think that you mean't your post heading to state Dynon and not Dyson, unless you want to clean up your software. 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gifAlan.

Goddamn iPad and it's auto-cowrecks! That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. ;)
  • Like 1

WOW....awsome news!!! Thanks for that.

Even android ozrunways on my tablet was making my skyview mapping look very ordinary.

Good to see Dynon finally let some more 3rd party's (parties?) in.

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...

This will be a wonderful improvement for me, I suspect.

However, Dynon's generic maps currently display with high-terrain "warning colourations" where nearby terrain is above my current altitude.

I wonder whether high-terrain "warning coloration" will be included in future iterations from OzRunways? Or can one quickly switch maps between Dynon generic, and OzRunways/Airservices Australia?

Rowan, any info on this?

OzRunways is $19 per update (and there are two updates a year) and only include VFR maps. AvPlan includes VFR and IFR maps, plus geo-referenced airport diagrams and instrument approach procedures for 1 year, for $99.

Ok it's all working. This morning I updated the Dynon firmware to 13.0.3, downloaded the hybrid map and key file from OzRunways (now only $9.00 by the way) and voila!

BTW, don't forget that the Dynon system must have the correct "tail number" ie. no dashes or leading/separating spaces in your rego (eg. 241111 or VHXYZ). The two OzRunways files need to be in the root-directory of your USB stick, and that USB needs to remain connected to the Dynon system at system start-up for it all to work.

When flying it is a simple matter to toggle between the Dynon generic terrain map, and the OzRunways hybrid map. I'm a happy guy :-)

I paid $19.00? Now till November.

Also had to change my tail number in the dynon to remove the space.(not hard to do)

I was very excited to get it but seem a little underwhelmed now.....

Basically a "layer" map over what you have.

Looks like I'll need to keep my fms subscription to keep my database?

I paid $19.00? Now till November.

Also had to change my tail number in the dynon to remove the space.(not hard to do)

I was very excited to get it but seem a little underwhelmed now.....

Basically a "layer" map over what you have.

Looks like I'll need to keep my fms subscription to keep my database?

I'm guessing they dropped the price due to it being much closer to the November map cycle. I haven't got the fms subscription, so can't advise about this.

I will actually go flying tomorrow, so will see how it operates & looks amongst nearby terrain.

I'm guessing they dropped the price due to it being much closer to the November map cycle. I haven't got the fms subscription, so can't advise about this.

I will actually go flying tomorrow, so will see how it operates & looks amongst nearby terrain.

We're working on replacing the need for PocketFMS, should be ready in a few months.

We'll be including that in the $99 per year for the maps and airport diagrams.

Bevan..

• Informative 1

We're working on replacing the need for PocketFMS, should be ready in a few months.

We'll be including that in the $99 per year for the maps and airport diagrams.

Bevan..

So the good news is that nearby terrain colouration (yellow then red), still appears as an overlay layer on top of the OzRunways hybrid VTC/VNC/WAC map. Not much need to toggle to the Dynon default terrain map display IMO.

Still a happy pilot :-)

• Informative 2

So the good news is that nearby terrain colouration (yellow then red), still appears as an overlay layer on top of the OzRunways hybrid VTC/VNC/WAC map. Not much need to toggle to the Dynon default terrain map display IMO.

Still a happy pilot :-)