Hi, I'm Tim (a.k.a. tellerto)

tellerto

Hello. I'm a low hours RAAus graduate pilot, on the Gold Coast.

I've joined GCSFC out at Heck Field (Jacob's Well), and I'm looking for a share partner or partners in owning a 24-registered low-wing aircraft, preferably based at Heck Field. I particularly enjoy flying the Sling2, but alternative 2-seaters like an Aero Bristell, Faeta, Roko Via, Texan, Alpi Pioneer etc would do nicely, if relatively new. Anyone looking for a partner?

• Like 1

That'll be Errol van Rensberg (Global Aviation Products). His Slings are just great, but sadly for me are beyond my budget to buy outright - so I've had to make do by hiring one from Pathfinder regularly.

And thanks Dazza, I have now made contact with Gareth.

• 4 weeks later...
when you finish your training you will have to hire from the aero club. pathfinder don't do private hire

That's not quite correct - PathFinder Aviation does provide private hire of their aircraft to suitable qualified pilots - as I've been doing for the past 18 months.....

• Like 1

What do you mean by qualified pilots. I would say if you walked in there . And had all the right stamps in your book there would not be and issue. But when I asked they said no private hire. But that's all good as the Royal Queensland aero club does do it and is heap cheaper

• Like 1

That's not quite correct - PathFinder Aviation does provide private hire of their aircraft to suitable qualified pilots - as I've been doing for the past 18 months.....

What do you mean by qualified pilots. I would say if you walked in there . And had all the right stamps in your book there would not be and issue.

That was why my question. To be a suitably qualified pilot to fly out of Archerfield in an RAA registered aircraft and not under direction of a CFI, you would have to hold an RPL as well as an RPC.

Welcome Tim, nice to see another who likes low wing. It seems to be whatever you firt flew is your preference ie Cessna equates to high wing, Piper to low wing.

Thanks Yenn. Actually I learned in Jabs at YBAF but they all got smashed in that November '14 storm - and then they were banned from secondary aerodromes by CASA anyway. That's when Pathfinder sourced the lovely low-wing Slings, and I've never looked back. Hoping to someday rustle up some syndicate partners to operate a Sling out of YHEC. In the meantime my Class 2 medical and RPC allows me to use AF with PAX outside of tower hours.

• Like 1

• 4 years later...

Thanks Yenn. Actually I learned in Jabs at YBAF but they all got smashed in that November '14 storm - and then they were banned from secondary aerodromes by CASA anyway. That's when Pathfinder sourced the lovely low-wing Slings, and I've never looked back. Hoping to someday rustle up some syndicate partners to operate a Sling out of YHEC. In the meantime my Class 2 medical and RPC allows me to use AF with PAX outside of tower hours.

Similar problem. Started in Jabs, so glad for the slings though. The challenge is now upgrading to PPL to fly something big enough to take the family!