ASI. Airspeed indicator markings. Please help

I know this was mentioned here just recently. But I am at wits end trying to find some green and yellow arc stickers to go onto my Savannah VG ASI. I have found 2 companys in America and Germany but want like $45 for postage of a 10 dollar sticker. What can I do.

• Informative 1

Hi Trackley,

I have recently fitted a new ASI to the Sportstar and I think...think there may be some spare stickers in the box....when I go the hangar on Saturday I will have a look, if I have some I will let you know, then just PM me your address and I will post them up in an envelope...

David

• Informative 1

Trackley:

As an alternative, you can do what I did when I built my Nynja.

I got some different coloured "hookup" wire and used a piece of stiff wire with different colored insulation and glued it around the ring of my ASI

.1239117639_P1100088(800x600).JPG.bc9711dc4f6b30a19a444b537fa5eb4e.JPG

• Like 7
  • Agree 2
  • Helpful 1
  • Winner 1
  • Caution 1

Trackley:As an alternative, you can do what I did when I built my Nynja.

I got some different coloured "hookup" wire and used a piece of stiff wire with different colored insulation and glued it around the ring of my ASI

.[ATTACH=full]45763[/ATTACH]

I like that. Good idea

I just got someone with a vinyl cutter to cut appropriate size rings of vinyl in the colours needed, then cut segments out of the rings to suit the markings on my VSI.

Stick them either on the perimeter of the glass face or the bezel, whatever works best in your case.

Trackley,Sorry mate I looked in the box today and there were no spare ones, maybe Scott's idea is worth trying, hope you get it sorted mate..

David

Too easy thanks for looking. I like Scotts idea.

Yes now that I have a look at my old ASI it seems it has been painted with a nail polish bush in the correct colours of course, maybe got the chemist and get the right colours in nail polish...

David

• Like 2

you can also buy a compass knife at places like lincraft etc then cut your own rings with coloured contact

I purchased one to use on my X-Air ASI and its easy to cut the outer ring then reduce the compass dia 3mm then cut again.... too easy :)

153446228_asiknife.jpg.a26ff65c1ea4b06c7368ee2ffbb92ab8.jpg

Pete

• Like 1

you can also buy a compass knife at places like lincraft etc then cut your own rings with coloured contactI purchased one to use on my X-Air ASI and its easy to cut the outer ring then reduce the compass dia 3mm then cut again.... too easy :)

[ATTACH=full]45910[/ATTACH]

Pete

Cool what a tool. Will need one of these in the toolbox!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...