Aviation policies of Labor & the Coalition

Mazda

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest High Plains Drifter

Darren,

Having a 'blank slate' Minister may not be such a bad thing - immediate RAAus excutive visit required for ministerial education.

HPD

Priority.

When you see all the other activities that Anthony Albanese has to be across, you get an idea how importantly Aviation. (remember it used to be a separate department in it's own right), is regarded in the new Rudd cabinet. Oh well, Good luck fellows. nev...

We can convince Anthony Albanese that aviation is important by writing to him. Maybe we should get together to decide what he needs to know and how best to put it to him. What topics should we start with?

Now I have read what mazda has to say in the Goulburn Airport sale forum, it would appear that the sale of airports and the changing of the rules by Mark Vaile could well be the first cab off the rank. Something along the lines of "what will you be doing to control the sale of airports in contravention of the original legislation which turned over federal airports to local councils or others such as Macquarie Airports?"

Rules!

Ian , did Mark Vaille change the rules, or not enforce the conditions that were supposed to pertain to the use of the airport(s) after change of ownership? I thought it was the latter. I rejoined AOPA as I believe that they represent a view that is in line with us. Particularly in airport costs and availability. They appear to recognise the fact that WE U/L types are here , and very much part of the scene. As I said in an earlier post, we should act with others to get a good outcome for us all. Not be divided. Airports are money making machine for the owners, with a sale for subdivision the pot of gold at the end. Golf courses seem to have a better ability to survive than airports, although they are not immune from the same fate at times. Obviously, once an airport is sold off, it can never be rebuilt. Look at Badgery's Creek, and that was only allocated land, (until Macquarie Bank paid a mind-bending price for Mascot (Kingsford Smith) Surprised? NO! Cheers Nev...

With all the excitement surrounding a once in 10 years event,(mid air) we seem to have foregotten about other important matters. I think we need to address Ian's (Yenn)question, re, what do we think needs to be put to the new Ministers attention.

A quote from Prime Minister Rudd (Fin. Review 30/11/07, Albanese's fix-it brief) - "We have said repeatedly that a core part of the nation's future productivity challenge is to advance skills and to advance infrastructure"

Goulburn airport would come under infrastructure. My suggestion on developing a BioDiesel aircraft engine would come under skills.

Any other ideas - the clock is ticking.

HPD

I read somewhere that Mark Vaile sent a letter to the new airport owners telling them that they would not be held to the original conditions. Don't know exactly what it said but it would appear to be true from the way they are selling off and getting rid of aircraft.

Time to be pro-active ?

Via - www.aero-news.net

Further info at - http://www.airlines.org/economics/energy/fuel+QA.htm

EPA Urged To Step In On Airliner Emissions

06/12/07

(extract)

On Wednesday, a coalition of states filed a petition asking the EPA to regulate greenhouse gas emissions from domestic and foreign airliners, similar to how such emissions from automobiles are now regulated.

"We want the EPA to take their head out of the sand and actively promulgate rules to reduce greenhouse gas emissions," California Attorney General Jerry Brown told The Associated Press. "The EPA has taken a very passive and unimaginative approach to combating global warming."

In addition to California, states demanding the EPA take action include Connecticut, New Jersey, New Mexico, and Pennsylvania, as well as the District of Columbia.

The petition cites FAA estimates that domestic aircraft emissions are expected to rise by 60 percent by 2025, and asks the EPA to require operators to boost fuel efficiency, and use cleaner fuels.

HPD