A new member saying hello

AshBell

Hi everyone, a new member from Melbourne saying g'day. Great forum, amazing information. I look forward to reading through this little treasure trove. Hopefully I can contribute.

About me:

42 yrs young

7 hrs in a Warrior, 60 mins in a J160

Fascinated by aviation since berth

Procrastinator

Project Manager - Aviation Capabilty

• Like 2

Hi and welcome Ash, what is Project Manager- Aviation capability?which was more fun the Piper or the Jab?

Hi peter, I enjoyed the Warrior over the J160 but I do see the economic benefits of the latter. I found the Warrior to fly as I had assumed it would whereas the J160 moved around quite alot - reflecting its lower weight and size I suppose

PM Aviation Capability can mean quite anything really, at the moment I'm managing the fleet replacement of the Vicpol Airwing (rotary) i.e aircraft, systems, and equipment. Vicpol currently operate a fleet of Dauphin N3 heli's. We're looking at a fixed wing as well.

Put me down for the fixed wing:-) What machine are the cops thinking about?

We're still finalising the mission profiles for the fixed wing which will drive the requirement. A broad brush would suggest a twin turboprop.

The Warrior may be faster, more reliable and more comfortable but for me the Jabs are more "fun", a bit like choosing a mini or a commodore!

I'll take the mini every time

• Agree 1

Hi and welcome Ashbell.

Warrior or Jab? If economics are a factor, I can vouch for the Jabs. At 15L to 20L /hr fuel flow, low servicing costs. I get about 13L/hr in my LSA. But it is a light aircraft, useable weight at 181kg.

The J160 is a bit the same with full tanks, you are limited as to your Pax's and cargo weight. The J170's are the way to go if you want to take a pax with full tanks who is not anerixic.

Cheers,

Tony

• 2 weeks later...
Hi everyone, a new member from Melbourne saying g'day. Great forum, amazing information. I look forward to reading through this little treasure trove. Hopefully I can contribute.About me:

42 yrs young

7 hrs in a Warrior, 60 mins in a J160

Fascinated by aviation since berth

Procrastinator

Project Manager - Aviation Capabilty

Hello AshBell. Good to see you. I may need an aviation project manager when I start building my Savannah later this year 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

Hi i am new member from United arab emirates

G'day Gilbert. A warm welcome to you in the Land of the White Sands from me here in the Land of the Long White Cloud.