Hello from Georgia!

bchboy1206

Jim, if you ever get down to the Tallahassee area feel free to look me up (2JO). On the coast about 40 miles south of Tallahassee.

Bill Catalina

Drifter & Tukan.....if Irma doesn't blow them away! Got them tied down INSIDE my enclosed hangar!

Hi Jim welcome. Just spent a week or two in Georgia with freinds in Dallas Ga. near Atlanta .A beautiful part of the world and great southern hospitality.Carnt wait to go back .We did some boating on Lake Allatoona would love to fly over it.Good luck with the hurricane hope all is well.

Danny

Will do Red!

Right now south of Tallahassee & about 20 miles from the coast we've got 30 mph gusting to 45. Not bad at all. No rain. Late tonight & tomorrow is when it'll get cranked up. Hangar is on the coast about 1 mile inland.

Just finished elevating the Drifter about 18 inches off the hangar floor. Hangar has never flooded but Irma is a biggie! I retied the wings & tail. If a wall panel blows out, it'll be a chaos of destruction in there. I always plan for "worst case." The roof coming off will wipe it all out.

Took the wings off the Trike. Again, a blow panel would cause the wing to beat the Drifter to shreds. Both in same hangar.

Will keep the site posted tomorrow. We're expecting from 115 to 135 mph. Hangar (supposedly) is good to 140. I hope.

Thanks!

Bill Callahan

Welcome Jim,

Hope you all (y'all) are staying safe.

I've been fortunate to spend some time in Georgia at Savannah etc. love the area and hope the Georgia and Florida area avoid the eye of the storm and are not hit too hard.

It was quite alarming watching the wind and rain hitting the South Beach area of Miami. We spent a few weeks in that area and know how much damage can be done to the coast and infrastructure there.

Again welcome aboard.

Bernie