EUROFIGHTER crashes into the sea during air display 24/09/17

Looks like it could have either been a piloting skill failure, in not allowing enough height for the manoeuvre - or perhaps he just blacked out temporarily, and lost height that way?

Yes, I've seen some speculation on Both those scenarios today, . . one comparing it loosely with the Hawker Hunter accident at Shoreham Air show a couple of years ago, top of the loop too low, insufficient height to recover, even though the Hunter pilot 'Nearly' made it and walked away. . .Eleven innocent motorists didn't though.

This Typhoon was being flown by a test pilot, who ought to have been fully aware of his own physical tolerance for 'G'. . . Also, I would have thought that an aircraft full of 'Intelligent' electronics might have prevented such an occurrence ?. . . I expect that it will be a while before investigators discover the cause, but being a front line military aircraft, it's doubtful that they would release information which could highlight any weakness of the design for the benefit of competitors or 'The Enemy'. . .. . . 'Pilot Error' would be the easy get out clause in that event perhaps. . .

• Informative 1

there was a low level aerobatic death, at the field I fly from a few years ago, that seems to have similarities with this. Aerobatics close to the ground (or water) strikes me as dangerous, altho' I hasten to add that I've never done it.

• Like 1

Often in such situations setting the altimeter subscale is the cause. (not enough height allowed). From where you are vertical down, there's no place to go if you are too low. Clear skies means low humidity so no wingtip trails even over water but near land where the airmass may have originated. Nev

• Agree 1