Can someone help??

motzartmerv

Im planning a trip for early next week from Camden to thangool (near rockhampton) in qld. I just found out the school im hiring the plane from won't be open next week so its a key under the potplant job..I need to do a weight and balance but i don't have the paperwork on me...can someone with a J160c please help me out...Basically i need to know how much baggage i can take with me and still be in propper c of g..

J160 empty= 313 kg

Pilot weight=75 Kg

Pax weight = 55 Kg

5 Hrs fuel = 54 Kg

Cheers lads, any help would be greatly appreciated

Yes it is Deskpilot. But i didnt dedicate the P chart to memory, its a complicated formula that needs all those weights i gave to determin how much baggage can be carried without upsetting the cof g...I was taught to use the p chart, but i don't HAVE one on me..068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif

• More 1

I know this is not the correct way......but looking at the numbers and a typical say 20k of luggage in two sports bags you will be fine.

Plan away......then do a double check at the time you leave just to be sure.

Whats up at Thangool or Bilo' that brings you this far? Christmas and family?

Beats driving for sure!

J

From memory the j160 mtow is 544 kg. So 20 kg packed behing the seats should

be fine with these weights. My j230 has a lot of placards tell tell you to do this.

Marcus

Yea..have relo's in Bilo...But am taking my daughter up to see her mum for xmass..Really just an exuse to get my hours up, im planning to get an instructor rating and need a few more..

So 20 kg of baggage seems to ring a bell...ill stick to that i think...cheers

G'day , J160 MTOW 540Kg.......on your numbers of 497Kg gives you 43Kg

Flight Manual says 18Kg allowable behind EACH seat to retain CofG specs, with 2x18 =36

and 43-36 =7Kg below MTOW = lunch on the laps!

Have a great trip.

To find out if the aircraft balance will be within limits you need to know your particular aircrafts "Empty Weight Trim Index".

Get Jabiru to fax or email the J160 "Loading Trim Sheet" from the Owners Manual and follow the line as in the example.

Best to check an unknown aircraft as there can be variations from standard.

Guest Graham Lea

Uh.. I reckon two things:

1) Jabs are normally not required to do much in the way of weights and balances other than on the placard and mtow,

2) You forgot a lot of things in the given numbers if you really want to do it properly. Weights and balances is just part of flight planing and allowances for diversions and so on. You do it after the winds etc are taken into account. I can't go on much more and suggest you do a ppl theory to get there...

3) Why would you not just jump into the a/c after doing the plan and fueling, oiling correctly looking at the mtow temps here and there and go for it?

This could be a trick answer/question :-)

Graham

PS: do not forget to allow for the weight of the bash hat at this time of the year..

Disperse

I hope you are not disappointed

I will be cheating however ...... virgin 737

I do not think VB fly to Gladstone.......unless te new Jungle Jet goes there, but its not really B737 friendly!

J

Jabiru's are not a problem though!

Graham..looks like 3 things to me mate...lol...anyway, im well versed on flight planning..its a bit hard to factor wind and temp when im not departing for another 5 days...i just didnt have the poh handy so i wasn't sure about the load limits behind the seats..But the boys cleared that up for me ...cheers