Newbie from YRED

RossMc

Hey All,

Longtime listener first time caller - not long received my Ra-Aus RPC from AQ at Redcliffe working towards my NAV endorsement next up. Enjoying reading some of the conversations on the forum.

Cheers...

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

Hi and welcome RossMc

Great to see another local in the area. The Cross Country endorsement training was some of the most rewarding and interesting in my aviation experiences. I'm sure you'll enjoy it as well.

Looking forward to hearing about your adventures.

Hi RossMc,Welcome mate...I have only just recently moved my aircraft from Redcliffe to Caboolture..good luck with your navs and have fun.. :)

David

Hi David, how have you been? Long time no hear. Hows your Sportstar going?

Hi David, how have you been? Long time no hear. Hows your Sportstar going?

Yes good mate..see your selling the Jab? what are you going to go to then or not? You need to come for a visit to Caboolture on a Sunday morning sometime.

David

Yes good mate..see your selling the Jab? what are you going to go to then or not? You need to come for a visit to Caboolture on a Sunday morning sometime.David

It is a very reluctant sale. I'm likely to withdraw it from sale soon. If it does sell, not sure what I'll be doing. Maybe I'll get something with a higher MTOW. What's happing on Sunday mornings? Sounds very tempting...

Thought Nightmare was only a young-un, so he may not be interested in restoring old pram's and bikes, and false teeth etc during the week:cheezy grin:

Hush you mouf P.D. You hitting at my happiness area! Also, you didn't mention reclaiming used masking tape - us old farts do a bit of that too. 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

• Haha 1

Tell me about it Riley.

If you drive a Riley Brooklands as in your avitar, i'm envious (just a bit before my time, but only just) I once owned an Alvis TD21. Wish I owned it now, it might make my pension stretch a bit further with or without the masking tape, as would the Aston Martin DB2-4 which I sold after a week of owning it to make a mammoth 120 quid profit at the time. Forsight would have been a wonderful thing.

Rgds Planey

Sorry guys! enough of the thread drift.

• Haha 1

Tell me about it Riley.If you drive a Riley Brooklands as in your avitar, i'm envious (just a bit before my time, but only just) I once owned an Alvis TD21. Wish I owned it now, it might make my pension stretch a bit further with or without the masking tape, as would the Aston Martin DB2-4 which I sold after a week of owning it to make a mammoth 120 quid profit at the time. Forsight would have been a wonderful thing.

Rgds Planey

Sorry guys! enough of the thread drift.

Continuing the thread drift w/ apologies. It were'nt a Brooklands but a '37 6-cyl dual cockpit Riley special that I scratch-built from a rotten chassis/running gear that I pulled from under a bananna plant whilst working in Singapore in the late '80s. About 20 years ago in Perth when I got back into flying, vintage cars took a hind seat and I hardly drove it much so eventually sold it to a chap in Melbourne and bought the Aeronca Champ with the proceeds (and have had 10 times more fun out of the Champ!). cheers