U/L FLYING TRAINING GYMPIE QLD/ FOXBAT/DRIFTER

Mickeymax

I just posted an article re flying training and thought I might elaborate.

I also read a post where someone was enquiring about training in a Drifter and who has one.

I obtained my RAA certificate with The Recreational Flying Co at Gympie. They have both a Foxbat and a Drifter.

I did my basic training in the Foxbat but now have switched to the Drifter to get my tail wheel endorsement and to build up my hours in command.

I was lucky enough to meet Frank Arri In Nth Qld and flew four or five hours with him and had a ton of fun hence my affection for the Drifter. Found out through Frank the thrill of flying with the wind in what hair I've got.

As for my flying training and as I said in my previous article, more through good luck than good management I thought my training with the RFC at Gympie was excellent although how would I know If I haven't trained with anyone else although I suppose a lot of us will have had the same experience.

Anyhow regardless of how I might joke about who I trained with I will stick to my guns and say training with the RFC at Gympie was great and I'm more than satisfied I chose right.

• Like 1

I was lucky enough to meet Frank Arri In Nth Qld and flew four or five hours with him and had a ton of fun hence my affection for the Drifter.

002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif G`Day Steve, I`m pleased about that! I`m glad to have met you also and I enjoyed the time we spent together.

I reckon you`ve made the right decission to train in the Drifter for your tailwheel endorsement, not forgetting the low-performance (LP) endo and more flying hours for your money that you`ll get.

A good Drifter will do what it`s told once you know what you want from it and how to do it and Yes! Flying the Drifter can be a ton of fun! after all, Isn`t that what recreational aviation is supposed to be about?...Let`s do our best to keep it that way.

Frank,

Ps, Frances, myself and some of the Deeral locals, had Australia day lunch with Phil and Jeanette, up at their place.