jetstar 717

Guest richmondtroy

Guest richmondtroy

Got a jetstar 717 sitting on the tarmac at richmond raaf base with a fully yellow fueselage with what looks like dominos pizza signage down the side.

Guest richmondtroy

nah, sorry mate, poor people like me cant afford camera equipment :( , but its been there all weekend and it looks like theres more painting to go because the jetstar signage on the tail section looks incomplete.

Troy

Is probably there for a repaint' date=' or engine upgrades. Or even on its way to Adelaide for either of those two, as these aircarft are all going back to Qantas Link[/quote']If they are going to paint it in QantasLink colors, why are they repainting it in Jetstsar Colors?

Seems silly to me. Why don't they just paint it in the QantasLink Colors and be done with it?

Guest Chainsaw

If my memory serves me correct there were two B717's with a special colour scheme. The Pizza one and the one with Budget on one side and Avis on the other.

Yep, the Pizza one was also Lynx Jet and Merry Christmas/Happy New Year jet. I am not sure if they are painted, or done by stickers. As Buspak or JCDeaux (Damn European name, cannot remember the spelling) use Stickers instead of painting their All Over Adverts for buses, trams and trains. I am not sure if it is as they do it in other industries now (Stickers) or if it was actually painted that way. If it is stickers, it could be there for removal.

Guest Juliet Juliet Papa

The rest of the 717's will go to Richmond over the next few months for repainting and then to ADL for preservice checks etc and then over to Perth. More 717's for me to play with.