V Australia 1st 777

Guest Chainsaw

Guest avirgin737

Sure is... Britannia Airways... RIP one of the worlds greatest charter airlines... I left BAL in 89 to come to OZ and they followed me during the pilots strike..

Guest Darren Masters

I remembered them well from the pilots strike. The logo had a lady with a dress or something like that (on the tail) ?

Guest avirgin737
I remembered them well from the pilots strike. The logo had a lady with a dress or something like that (on the tail) ?

Lady with a dress :mad: Sounds like a line from a Chris De Burgh song :biggrin:

The lady is the Godess Britannia in all her glory. She was historically depicted as a young woman with golden brown or blonde hair wearing a Roman Centurions helmet and a white dress holding Poseidons Trident.

We at Britts affectionately referred to her as the old lady in the wheelchair though :biggrin::biggrin:

See attached pic if I got the upload correct

[ATTACH]17847[/ATTACH]

1013121826_gawsy_1crop.jpg.44b9348f64c1735701cd8134c026b23f.jpg

VH-VOZ is due to take number of CASA proving flights ex BNE tomorrow shortly after 0600. avirgin737 were you lucky enough to score an offer to be paxed?

Guest avirgin737
VH-VOZ is due to take number of CASA proving flights ex BNE tomorrow shortly after 0600. avirgin737 were you lucky enough to score an offer to be paxed?

Have been calling in favours for the last 2 weeks... Nothing fixed as yet but a glimmer of hope.. :rolleyes:

Although V Oz is part of the Virgin Group, it is a completely separate company to DJ both financialy and administratively. The only things in common are the CEO BG and the branding...

This was done to isolate the core compamy (DJ) from any impact if V Oz went tits up..

I'll let you know if I score a seat..:biggrin: