• Welcome to Recreational Flying!
    A compelling community experience for all aviators
    Intuitive, Social, Engaging...Registration is FREE.
    Register Log in
Sign in to follow this  
Doug Evans

Tundra tyres

Has anyone run tundra tyres on there light wings thinking of trying 22 -850-6 - 4ply

Or 21x8.00 6 4 ply any thoughts on this ?

850-6 4 PLY AERO CLASSIC SMOOTH TUNDRA TUBE TYPE

850-6_tundra_med.jpg

• MFG. Part #: AA4K5

• SKU: 850-6 4 PLY

• Brand: Aero Classic

Qty :

Description

850-6 4 PLY AERO CLASSIC SMOOTH TUNDRA TIRE TUBE TYPE

New Aero Classic Tundra 22 x 8.50-6 4 Ply

Check out our new larger companion tire to our 21 x 8.00-6 4 Ply.

Our "Pillow Soft" 22 x 8.50-6 4 Ply stands 22 inches tall and weighs in "featherlight" at under 10 lbs. Compare that to a standard 850-6 6 Ply which average 15 lbs. each.

The load rating is 1,600 lbs. per tire. Tube Type

Please keep your eyes peeled for future additions to the Aero Classic Tundra line.

***FAA APPROVED VERSION - TSO-c62e

SKU: 850-6 4 PLY

Related Products

• Like 1

L

Has anyone run tundra tyres on there light wings thinking of trying 22 -850-6 - 4plyOr 21x8.00 6 4 ply any thoughts on this ?

850-6 4 PLY AERO CLASSIC SMOOTH TUNDRA TUBE TYPE

850-6_tundra_med.jpg

• MFG. Part #: AA4K5

• SKU: 850-6 4 PLY

• Brand: Aero Classic

Qty :

Description

850-6 4 PLY AERO CLASSIC SMOOTH TUNDRA TIRE TUBE TYPE

New Aero Classic Tundra 22 x 8.50-6 4 Ply

Check out our new larger companion tire to our 21 x 8.00-6 4 Ply.

Our "Pillow Soft" 22 x 8.50-6 4 Ply stands 22 inches tall and weighs in "featherlight" at under 10 lbs. Compare that to a standard 850-6 6 Ply which average 15 lbs. each.

The load rating is 1,600 lbs. per tire. Tube Type

Please keep your eyes peeled for future additions to the Aero Classic Tundra line.

***FAA APPROVED VERSION - TSO-c62e

SKU: 850-6 4 PLY

Related Products

Lol. Me too Doug. Had a lame look at my lightwing couple months ago said pair of 22x

8:50x6.00. No worries... I'm looking for old Cessna wheels-apparently they go straight on and get for next to 0$$$. :)

Yes Tim I thought about that but they are a 6 or 8 ply so they will transfer the shock of bumps through the airframe where the 4 plys will Asorb the shocks up in the side walls of the tyre plus give a better flotation on sand and soft padocks and also could land on a ploud paddock if the need should arise giving more options to landing fields

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Hi Doug. I was running these exact tyres (850 4 ply) on my 2500 pound bearhawk. No issues at all with the weight and great tyres. Very light weight tyres. Landed in paddocks and they were great.

If you're going to pull the trigger, give me a yell. My Alaska Bushwheels arrived today so I'm going to sell the 850s. They only have about 20 hours on them with vast majority of time being on grass.

L

Lol. Me too Doug. Had a lame look at my lightwing couple months ago said pair of 22x

8:50x6.00. No worries... I'm looking for old Cessna wheels-apparently they go straight on and get for next to 0$$$. :)

How much would you pay for a set of wheels? I needed to upgrade my wheels and brakes for the bushwheels. Was thinking of keeping my old ones to have smaller 'speed wheels' available but they aren't all that compatible with my new brakes so I might sell them. They are Cleveland 40-97C which I believ are the same as 172/182 wheels

Thanks nick what tube stem are u using ?

I have the 850x6 tubes from desser. Exact same ones you had in the original post. Not sure what you mean by what stem?

How much would you pay for a set of wheels? I needed to upgrade my wheels and brakes for the bushwheels. Was thinking of keeping my old ones to have smaller 'speed wheels' available but they aren't all that compatible with my new brakes so I might sell them. They are Cleveland 40-97C which I believ are the same as 172/182 wheels

When I put my bush wheels on I also kept my small wheels with the thought that if I did a long trip I would swap them on to gain a few knots BUT after flying with the bushwheels for around two years now I don't think I will ever take them off. Even for a looong trip I would stick with the slower bushwheels just because of the extra options it gives. The precautionary search and landing is no issue at all with the big wheels in fact they nearly become fun:whistling: and sometimes I find myself drinking lots of water just in the hope that I might need a wee break (okay maybe a slight over exaggeration)

but anyway my 8.50-6's are gathering cobwebs in the shed and don't look like getting used unless I wreck a bushwheel and 'need' to go for a fly while I wait for a replacement:spot on:

• Informative 1

When I put my bush wheels on I also kept my small wheels with the thought that if I did a long trip I would swap them on to gain a few knots BUT after flying with the bushwheels for around two years now I don't think I will ever take them off. Even for a looong trip I would stick with the slower bushwheels just because of the extra options it gives. The precautionary search and landing is no issue at all with the big wheels in fact they nearly become fun:whistling: and sometimes I find myself drinking lots of water just in the hope that I might need a wee break (okay maybe a slight over exaggeration)

but anyway my 8.50-6's are gathering cobwebs in the shed and don't look like getting used unless I wreck a bushwheel and 'need' to go for a fly while I wait for a replacement:spot on:

I am looking forward too using these tyres on my Lightwing think they open up some fun place too land some of the area I go now are a hand full should make it easyer and safer

Yeah I've come to the same conclusion mate. Although with the suspension on the hornet, I reckon you're just being greedy with the bushwheels!

• Agree 1

Hey,

Where abouts did you get your aero classic 8.50-6 tyres? Is there anywhere in Asutralia that sells them?

Cheers Nick

Hey,Where abouts did you get your aero classic 8.50-6 tyres? Is there anywhere in Asutralia that sells them?

Cheers Nick

Unfortunately not to my knowledge. Desser has them but by the time you get them here they are over 1k AUD unfortunately! Second hand or getting someone to bring them back from the USA in their luggage would save a lot (maybe $500). Shipping and customs is the real killer. I paid over $1000 for shipping and another $500 in GST and duties for my Alaska bush wheels!

image.jpeg.d5abe46422215be259a2ee1957e65300.jpeg Put the tundras onto my GA 55 very happy with the performance the give much smooth ground roll over very rough ground and much better flotation on sand or soft serface only run at 6.5 psi and a lot of prop clearance
  • Like 2