Sydney Weekend Trip

Mattie Cribb

Day1

What a Weekend had My cousins 21st Bday Party and it was Funn!

Well it all started at 5am Saturday morning had to get ready for the airport

We left the house at 5:46am and got to the airport at 6am.

had No dramas with check in or security but then it hit me i was missing something my wallet which was in the car so i had to Run back to the car then Back again threw security AGAINN!!

We then Started to Boarded the aircraft at 0635.

Today i was on VOZ/DJ500 in a B737-800 Reg VH-VOK Boarding

Thought Gate 4 On the Gold coast

We Entered the Aircraft from the Back i was in Seat 30A right up the back

Pushed back on-time and winds were in favour of Rwy32 so a very short Taxi, On that Note anyone who has been to Gold coast and Taxied to Rwy32 on Charlie is it Bumpy it was funny like had Hydraulics in those cars that go up and down haha was funny

so anyway we departed on-time 0730 off Rwy32 and off to Sydney we went was few bumps here and there but not too bad a flight, The captain or F/O didn’t come over and say anything the whole flight for some reason most VB flights i have been on they haven’t come over the PA. So were Flying

Just Below the Clouds maybe FL360

Then we were on decent, Passed Right of the City was nice to see the city for once always on the wrong side, We arrived on Rwy 16L and wow what a landing the Captain or F/O smacked it in haha

We landed at about 8:15 so was a slow long taxi back to the gate which was 31 and arrived right on time at 0830 we collected our bags and Got our Hire Car.

Over all was a Good Flight with Virgin Blue Was on-time and had no major problems at Either end of flight.

Day2

After a Big Party it was time to go home was just a Flying Visit wish we could have stayed longer but parents had to work but o well

Today i was flying on JST/JQ414 SYD-OOL

We Went to Check in at the kiosk thingies that Jetstar Had then Dropped off Our Bags at the counter all went well Then we had 1hr to look around well that 1hr was gone because we spent like 12-15Min Lining up to drop off our Bags then like 30Min getting through security so we had no time to look around.

When we dropped off our bad we were Told that our Gate had Changed from 49 to 53 and i was then sadden to see we didn’t Get the A321 which we were meant to be on so instead we got the A320 Reg VH-VQW one of Jetstar Older Aircraft and we only Used the forward door only today as we had a Small Load i would say the aircraft was about 70% full so i suppose i don’t blame them for the aircraft change,

So we boarded at 1400 and pushed back at 1420 and Taxied the Long way to Rwy34R i was going to film the safety but haha ½ way thought my camera started to beep because it was full was a bit embarrassing so i didn’t get to record anything L only took some Pictures so we took off on the normal Entra Sid which is always fun

Today’s flight was Bumpy till we got cleared of clouds and it was very hazy

As we passed Newy the Captain came over the PA and said that we were passing 24,000feet on climb to 37,000feet and that weather on arrival was clear and that we will be flying over land and be descending at Grafton before flying over water again. So we got to FL370 and this is what i saw for most of the time

And then it would clear abit

So we started to decent at Grafton and pass over Ballina east of Byron up the coast and we landed on Rwy32 when we were over water it was very very very smooth the Pilots then put The Gear down First thing they did then it was the flaps shortly after was a nice approach

Then it got rough passing over tweed and then it was

Touchdown!

Was a nice landing then we got off the Rwy at C and taxied back to the gate haha it was funny we didn’t even get off the Rwy and People were taking their seatbelts off but we got off the VQW and walked into the Terminal got our Bags and headed Home was a Great short weekend had lots of Fun!!

The Crew on Jetstar and Virgin Blue were great and Very Friendly and they both had positives and no Negatives apart from the Captain F/O not going over the PA on the VB Flight but was good flights...

Thanks for Reading my Trip Report if you made it this far haha

Guest Darren Masters

Nice report Mattie Yes, what is it with that taxiway in OOL? Always get major bumps there and the whole plane likes to bounce up and down. Almost feels as though the tail will strike. Flying into Sydney has been hazy the last few times that is for sure! The bridge you have in your pic on the last Sydney pic is the Anzac Bridge. That is around the suburb of Glebe. Always a long taxi from 16L :eek: Anyway mate, good report once again and thanks for sharing