Antonov 124 at Brisbane

Degrees

Just drove past the freight terminal where DHL is at Brisbane YBBN, theres a big Antonov 124 over there if anyone is interested. Would recommend checking it out if you live close, its huge. Heaps of spotters over there with cameras and binoculars.

Guest Chainsaw

The media down here in NSW made such a big deal out of ;the worlds biggest plane' coming in. This afternoon, they changed it to 'the worlds second biggest plane'!

The media actually cared? Thats the second time I've seen that thing there in 3 months. My college is a few hangars down so I go past the freight terminal every day. Maybe those spotters I saw were actually from news channels. There are a fair few 124's in existance. It would be a big deal if the 225 came here, being that there's only one of them in the world.

Guest Chainsaw

It originally started as a forum rumor (on another forum), of course some media monitor such 'facts' and then present it as a factual hyped up story.

When I saw it on flighttracker, it was obvious it was an AN124.

I suppose I cant really blame them, thats their job....errr maybe they should check their 'research' a bit more carefully.

Guest Chainsaw

I heard it on the local country radio station here. I nearly fell over when I heard it. I normally hear what the cattle prices are!

Found out today from one of my instructors that the 225 was actually planned to come here but was cancelled at the last minute. Now I think of it, the 124 isn't even the second largest aeroplane. That would be the a380. Unless you count the Spruce Goose which isn't even a real aeroplane.