Wheelbarrow

red750

Yes the old 'Boo was quite good at wheelbarrowing - I saw a demonstration in Hobart once.

Hmmm I recall seeing that in Hobart ... think it was the year they flew in the Roulettes in their 'brand new' PC9 get up - the olden days - back when I was AUF member but not yet a pilot

You're quite right, Kiwi303. To be precise, it's An-12Bk

AN-12BP actually.

The BK was only built for the military airlift services, the BP included civilian models with all military specific gadgetry left off right from the production line.

Ain't Wikipedia great.

Wondering if the nose wheel strut on the AN should be bent back like that......

looks the same as the picture in the Wikipedia article.

1024px-001_An-12%2C_Malmo_Airport%2C_Sweden.jpg

Hmmm I recall seeing that in Hobart ... think it was the year they flew in the Roulettes in their 'brand new' PC9 get up - the olden days - back when I was AUF member but not yet a pilot

Could have been a while ago... I remember they had an F-111 on static display. According to Wiki they've been using PC-9's since 1989 - don't think it was quite that long ago but probably not far off!

Wow, can you imagine the stress on the front wheel strut?

Not as much as it gets when its whacked into the unprepared surface on short field landing its designed for

Don't forget that the situation is actually the wing (with full flap) taking most of the load and it is the very steep fuselage attitude that the full flap and not stalled wing allows that allows the wheelbarrowing ...

Guest Andys@coffs

strooth Alan 4Kts is a fair old pace for a wheelbarrow...maybe down hill......But there's been times when pushing the wheelbarrow of heavey sh!t uphill that 4kts is likely much closer to 0.4Kts......

As they say pushing sh!t uphill can be difficult!

AH and AN are both correct. A is A in both Roman and Cyrillic, N is N in Roman and H in Cyrillic.

So you have Antonov and Антонов.

The ATRAN picture I posted has AH-12, ditto Red750's military picture.

Ruby Star Airlines Belarus has a Wikipedia page which only mentions having 2x AN-12BP's

With that zoom in and crop posted saying BK under the pilots window, not BP, I had a deeper google... and a visit to the Ruby Star web page. The mention having a fleet of several AN-12 but don't list makes. googling the reg number EW-275TI brings up some planespotting fact and photo sites.

That one IS a BK, built 1970, on the other hand, reg number EW-338TI is a Ruby Star owned BP like the wiki page states they have. So they have both.

The BK is a late model wide-door BP with modernised cockpit. Of the two, the BK in the OP is 1970 built, the BP I found was a 1961 build.

There's no stress on the nosewheel to speak of when the very effective flapperons are extended with the speed raised slightly and power kept on. It's just being run along the ground. Just don't turn it with nosewheel steering Nev

AH and AN are both correct. A is A in both Roman and Cyrillic, N is N in Roman and H in Cyrillic.So you have Antonov and Антонов.

Interestingly, the Russians use the Roman 'N' to signify 'Number', eg: our No.1 is N.1 in Russia.

Cheers, Willie.