Ouch!

red750

You could not be much luckier than the first "warrior"? falling out of the sky totally OFF the runway and doing a roaring cross country to get back on it..

I was at the threshold of a runway in Albury in 1969in an F-27 waiting and a C-150 just stalled and fell from at least 15 feet up and just rolled forward ever so slowly and restarted the engine (which had stopped when the plane hit the runway) and just taxied away as if everything was normal. Nev

Yes, I reckon it must have been paved by the Irish Gypsy bitumen pavers. Know a bloke with a truck sales business, who got his big truck yard paved by them - boy, was he cheesed off! Teach him to be a cheapskate.

You can purchase "recycled asphalt", it's cheap, but it's asphalt that has been dug up, so it has already been set once, and it's full of impurities such as gravel rocks, clay and other dirt particles.

It's O.K. for a cheap solution to provide a reasonably solid surface for driving on, but it never sets again, as the original hotmix asphalt does, because the binders have already set.

I have no idea of the quality of the runway - I am sure it wasn't designed for jet traffic though - and it coudln't have been too bad to survive my PA28 landing, which on the day, was a little smoother than the one in the video ;-)

The Pavement Depth Factor determination doesn't include a PA 28 crash test. It's obviously the recyclable asphalt type.. Just have to fit all those pieces together again in the right order and stomp on the corner of a couple of them to level them up. Nev

• Like 1