Blogs for forum members

Admin

The proceeds from sales of Clear Prop products at Natfly have been used to purchase a fantastic Blog system for all forum members so a big thanks to everyone that purchased something from the Clear Prop shop for making this happen.

THIS IS A HUGE ENHANCEMENT TO YOUR FORUMS!

A Blog is like a your own little forum and home page that you control. You can write anything about anything that you want to, post images, tell stories about yourself or anything that interests you that you would like to tell the world about. You can tell all your friends etc that you have your own blog at e.g. www.recreationalflying.com/forum/blog.php?b=1 and they can come and read it, post comments to you about what ever you are saying in your blog. people do not even have to be a member of the forums to read or post in your blog - note of warning, in your blog settings make sure you tick to moderate all comments first to make sure someone doesn't post anything you don't like there.

You can use your blog as an announcements or news about what you are doing, your aircraft kit building adventures, anything you want and you can even break it up into different categories like Family, Work, Flying, News etc.

I do sincerely hope that you will find it very rewarding having your own blog and if you already have a blog somewhere else then why not transfer it to here - your blog even has a Recreational Flying address.

Enjoy and it will be the vessel for some great and interesting reading

blog2.jpg.052c7a9dc6a26918a476c92e1bee5a2f.jpg

blog1.jpg.e0606c350f82384e93ab266620ef67b1.jpg

blog3.jpg.8b29ea41f79ae69360ade6feaba1c765.jpg

blog4.jpg.ad8b93a762b42c1871b671258001c5da.jpg

Oh well done Ian,

What can I say, this forum is world class I like many others no doubt are proud of what you have achieved please take a big bow - just not the whole tree, ha, ha.

Bob.

Do you know that you have a few web addresses that you can give your friends to your own blog!

When you are in your blog have a look at the address bar of your browser. It will say something like:

www.recreationalflying.com/forum/blog.php?b=1

- the number at the end is the number of YOUR blog

If I use the above example I can give my friends any one of these addresses:

www.recreationalaviation.com.au/forum/blog.php?b=1

www.recreationalaviation.net.au/forum/blog.php?b=1

www.ultralight.net.au/forum/blog.php?b=1

- just change the number at the end to the number of your blog

Cool! Was wanting to set up a page for ourselves and the CT4!

Thanks Ian, as everyone identified during the outage the other day - where would we be without your efforts and the Rec Flying website!

Cheers,

Matt.

That's the good thing about the site, I believe, is that it gives you a lot of options that hopefully will cater to "everyone's" needs - you can just view the forums as just that, those that want to use the photo gallery can or the planner, the airstrips, the blogs or even the games - it's all here for you to use just what you want to use. I hope I haven't clouded the forums themselves with everything else though - tried to keep a lot separated from the forums themselves

How about a flight simulator for the rainy days Ian? 041_helmet.gif.78baac70954ea905d688a02676ee110c.gif

I use to know one in Microsoft Excel years ago - it was an Easter Egg put in by the Excel developers - a flight sim game would come up when you typed in certain keystrokes in one particular cell for memory

http://www.eeggs.com/items/718.html

Your own blog will start to get a ranking in Google as they are already seeing them so the more you and your friends use it means the higher ranking you will get when someone searches Google for something that you have in your blog - this helps your blog to get noticed

bot.jpg.5a55b873f61d1893a9d4bfc22720db46.jpg

This forum is amazing! Unfortunately I don't have anything to blog about, not aviation related anyway, as I'm currently grounded. I wish this facility was around when I did my kit car blog . It's all handcrafted, using dreamweaver. Unfortunately I lost my hard drive one day and have never recovered the data or the momentum to keep it going. Anyway, well done Ian. World class stuff.

Mate - the blogs don't have to be about Aviation - they can be about anything (within reason ;)) - they are your blogs and you make them what you want - you can have different categories like one about your car, one about your family, one about your work - anything!

Magical Enhancements

Hi Ian.

Thank you for your e-mail explaining the enhancements. Having just returned from 2 ferry flights, east to west. Due to weather intervention it took a little longer than anticipated, with longer stay's at the various places than was intended. I've been away longer than I would have liked, and missed my login's, to catch up with the happenings in the forums. Again Ian, many thanks for a site that has a lot of GIVE for very little in return. Will come back to you with photo's and some very interesting stories for you and this fantastic website.

Cheers for now.

Steve.

How To Create Your Blog

Hi All

Just thought I would clarify how you can create your Blog.

1. Go to the Blogs by clicking "Blogs" in the menu bar

2. On the left of the Blogs page that opens up is a box titled "Options"

3. Click on "Post to your Blog" - a page opens for you to create your first post in your Blog

4. Click the Post Now button just below the smilies

5. That's it! - your Blog is created

Also in that Options box is "Blog Control Panel" where you can set your options. When you click on your Blog control panel the Options box changes to your Blog Control Panel Options. In this box you can create categories for your blog, your Blog Title and description and more.

When you click on the "Your Blog" in the Options box your Blog will open and the web address that is shown in your browser address bar is the web address that you use to tell your friends the address of your blog

I hope this helps