Ultra Light Newb

Guest TConnor

Guest TConnor

Hi all,

Had a chat to a few of you so far. Seem like a great crowd of very enthusiastic flyers, which is a nice change from some of the forums dedicated to GA (as opposed to ultra light).

I'm currently approaching GFPT, training in a C152 @ Camden. Yes, training GA (please don't throw anything at me). I have considered switching to RA Aus, but it turns out there really is little benefit financially, which was why I looked at ultra lights in the first place.

I've also flown BE77 Skipper, C172 and a Bell 206B Jet Ranger (although not a pilot - when I was in Army Aviation).

I'll be investigating the ultra light scene further when I have finished my PPL.

I'd love to chat to any other student pilots (GA or RA Aus) from the Sydney area. Especially any that are interested in splitting costs for Nav flights (just for fun).

Cheers

Guest David C

TConnor,

Welcome Mate . We are a friendly bunch here and very enthusiast fliers too . I see you fly out of Camden , which is just over the hill from The Oaks . Myself and Darren , who is a member of this site also fly fly out of there , so why not pop over to The Oaks , any weekend and see what a friendly bunch we are , and perhaps go for a fly together . There are a variety of aircraft there , Jabirus, Lightwings . Quicksilver, and a Bantam ( Darrens favourite ) for you to learn on . Come on over and say hello !! .Hope your GFPT goes well too .

Dave

Guest TConnor

Thanks for the reply mate. I have been planning on doing that. I am flying at Camden this Saturday, but I have a night shift on Sat night, so I need to race home after flying to sleep (damn work - it always interferes with fun)

Perhaps the weekend after. Looking forward to it.

Guest Fred Bear

TConnor,

Yes mate, welcome to the forums. In the ultralight scene you will find a totally different attitude from GA (most of the time). Plenty of help and enthusiasm when you need it and plenty of smiling faces...(when the flying weather is good) ;) You will find us down at The Oaks most (if not all) weekends. As Dave says, pop down and say hello. There are a couple of different schools at The Oaks and all more than willing to say g'day. Would be good to meet sometime. Dave, don't remember if you said you will be there this weekend?? Emma and I will probably be there Sat and Sun (if bub does not come along beforehand).