Strut braced 582 drifter prop blade

Paul davenport

I agree about the Bolly. RAAus has already approved Bolly on Drifters, but applications still need to be made and while it's not terribly expensive, it's not nothing either which counts if you fly on a tight budget.

Mine went way better with the Bolly. Finding the perfect pitch took a bit of time as it's a fine line between too little and too much.

• 2 years later...

Thread getting a bit old but I'll try my luck.

I've been in contact with Bolly about getting one of their props for my Drifter. 

They are unable to advise what other props Drifter owners have bought??

Can any one that has tell me the variant and size that you went with on your 58w and your gearbox ratio?

1. 3 or 4 blade?

2. I assume 62" as prop clearance on the original 60" Brolga didn't have much tk spare.

3. E box at 2.62 seems pretty standard and as fast as you can now get.

Cheers

Gday Obi, I still have my Brogla prop I removed serviceable from my Drifter. I can't remember what size Bolly I replaced it with. 3 balde.

I'm currently in WA for work, i can have a look when I get home if.you want.

Cheers Brian.

Thank you Brian,

That would be great if you could. 

It has not been easy trying to obtain info on the props people have been fitting other than the fact they have 3 blades..😂

I assume you are happy with the performance of the Bolly? Do you recall if when fitting the engine was raised?

Sticking with the orginal would have sure been easier. Original hubs are not an issue. But the blades are.

Gday Obi, 

The Bolly went straight on. There was no need to change anything else. There was a little trial and error with getting the best pitch angle. Now the engine won’t over rev. The fuel burn increased a little but I am happier with the extra power. ( I’m  130kg and needed all I could get.)

I’m home next week and send you the details you are after. Send me your mobile number, I’ll give you a call from the hangar.

Cheers Brian.

If you're that weight you might have a bit of trouble stalling it at all. Carry a bit of extra speed landing  till you find out. They have a minimum front seat weight 70 kgs I think from memory. Nev

Gday Obi,

sorry I thought we were in a private chat. My mistake. I’m always amused that people feel the need to comment when they dont know the full subject.

Feel free to PM me.

Cheers Brian.

Edited by Blue Drifter

I felt I needed to comment when you will be out of balance as I had the same problem myself when I was 110 Kgs. It's a SAFETY matter and everything you put here is quite public.. IF I felt your safety was at risk, how could I  REASONABLY just keep quiet.?  Nev