Avalon 2021

My son received an email today confirming that the Australian International Airshow at Avalon will go ahead, Nov 30 to Dec 5, despoite the F1 GP and MotoGP being cancelled. However, they could still pull the plug.

• 1 month later...

PLUG pulled.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Time of death 5:17pm 10 Aug.

Edited by 440032
  • Informative 1

good riddance.

‘It was a defence/ corporate/GA/RAA affair that does nothing well.

None of the players have any interest in the other sectors and the pricing is a mess.

‘We would be better off and happier with three or four seperate shows…. Everyone would know what they are there for and the displays and stands could be tailored and priced accordingly

………and for chrissake get rid of those embarrassing military reenactment World war two wannabes and their old jeep’s and trucks. They are an absolute embarrassment to anyone who actually wore those uniforms. I cannot stand looking at a fifty something bloke trying to fit into  a cadet battle dress blouse, the wrong boots, belt, gaiters, nothing polished or lined up complete with fake campaign medals. They have nothing to do with aviation and are an embarrassment to anyone, including me, who. actually wore the uniform for real.

Edited by walrus
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Anyone who wears fake campaign medals is a clown who deserves to feel the full force of the law, relating to the wearing of fake medals. It is a serious offence, and ANZMI would probably like to know about anyone trying this stunt.

It's in the same realm as imposters posing as qualified pilots, using purchased secondhand uniforms.

I have never seen this (fake medal wearing) happen here on the Left Coast, and the restorers who produce their well-restored road-registered vehicles and trucks are quite welcome as part of any vintage or military display here. They can wear simple military clothing if they wish, but most don't. I can understand the airshow organisers trying to provide a "bit of something for everyone".

I know they are mostly harmless Onetrack, but I just get embarrassed to see a fifty something trying to shoehorn themselves into bits of uniform that don't match and that aren't worn correctly

No_No_He's_Got_A_Point_Banner.jpg

As a guy in his 20's I thought it was out of place and poorly done.
life in a trench isn't standing next to a single sandbag wall. and there was nothing really on display - just some guys in dress-up
from memory there was an unnecessary background soundtrack playing too, of trench noises? the whole group I was with took one look and went elsewhere. including a 90 year old veteran (who was like an excited toddler around the military aircraft, unsuccessfully trying to talk all the personnel into letting him have a sit in the static displays)

Edited by spenaroo