"Who" or "What" is this?

flying dog

• 4 months later...

Somewhere in outer space, right about now, a Martian spacecraft is missing its lower landing thronomister, and they've had to activate their Martian Space Locator Beacon (MSLB) to call for Martian spacecraft backup.

There's some very worried and stressed-out Martians out there right at present, and I feel for them.

Seriously - stuff falling out of our sky is to be expected, given the huge amount of equipment we've launched up into Space since 1957, and given what intergalactic debris is already hanging around out there, that gets caught in our gravitational system.

https://museum.wa.gov.au/explore/articles/surprised-while-sunbathing-on-binningup-beach

If this had gone through their roof, the couple might have had to do more than replace a tile, and fix a couple of holes in the roof and ceiling!

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-12/four-decades-on-from-skylabs-descent-from-space/11249626

Edited by onetrack
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

My money's on space junk - but part of me wants to know just how dense that tiny bit of metal is that it punched through the roof and the ceiling and then took a chunk out of the tile floor too! Whatever it is must've been really moving!

• Agree 1

The debris appears to show signs of being mangled in other rotating components, with its flattened shape, and the gouge marks in it.

However, I guess that the flattening and gouge marks could also occur in an errant space vehicle launch failure exercise, or a re-entry event, if two components collided during a destructive phase.

The debris is almost certainly a man-made metal, I'd hazard a WAG at a titanium alloy component.

How high did that last rocket of the Norks go? 6000kms? And it flew for an hour in total. Of all the countries I'd distrust with world safety, the Norks are right up there.

Space-debris.JPG

Edited by onetrack

Actually I saw my first UAP a couple of nights ago..here in Brisbane. It wasnt a Plane or a heli or a drone or a star...I do astrophography as well. I tried to film it but it came out crap...now I know why all these videos of them are crap....Bloody frustrating actually. What I was seeing with my eye was NOT how the Iphone was showing it..daytime may have been different but night time was terrible with focus etc

Dont know if you will see this

https://www.facebook.com/1387087683/videos/366186275464270/

Mark

Something similar happened in Wellington NZ, a good few years ago.

Turned out, a group of people with kites that had LEDs within them, flew them for hours across the habour, & they were very high.

spacesailor

3 hours ago, onetrack said:

The debris appears to show signs of being mangled in other rotating components, with its flattened shape, and the gouge marks in it.

However, I guess that the flattening and gouge marks could also occur in an errant space vehicle launch failure exercise, or a re-entry event, if two components collided during a destructive phase.

The debris is almost certainly a man-made metal, I'd hazard a WAG at a titanium alloy component.

How high did that last rocket of the Norks go? 6000kms? And it flew for an hour in total. Of all the countries I'd distrust with world safety, the Norks are right up there.

Space-debris.JPG

I've just finished reading "Liftoff" - the SpaceX story.  Good read actually.  But they've put a heap of crap up there all by themselves, imagine how much is going up from every other bugger launching stuff.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, onetrack said:

Somewhere in outer space, right about now, a Martian spacecraft is missing its lower landing thronomister, and they've had to activate their Martian Space Locator Beacon (MSLB) to call for Martian spacecraft backup.

There's some very worried and stressed-out Martians out there right at present, and I feel for them.

Seriously - stuff falling out of our sky is to be expected, given the huge amount of equipment we've launched up into Space since 1957, and given what intergalactic debris is already hanging around out there, that gets caught in our gravitational system.

https://museum.wa.gov.au/explore/articles/surprised-while-sunbathing-on-binningup-beach

If this had gone through their roof, the couple might have had to do more than replace a tile, and fix a couple of holes in the roof and ceiling!

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-07-12/four-decades-on-from-skylabs-descent-from-space/11249626

Looks like a flucks capacitor. 

• 4 weeks later...

Well, the Norks are off the hook, and it wasn't space junk from some other country. The answer is - it was a bullet. A very large one. From an antique, black powder firearm, that was obviously fired in an artillery-style manner - and more than likely, from not too far away from the young couples house. Black powder is a slow explosive and it doesn't produce high velocity bullets, and it doesn't propel bullets long distances.

Whoever did it, should have his firearms licence confiscated, and his firearms removed from his possession. It's an offence to discharge a firearm in a populated area, and it's even greater stupidity to fire up into the air, no matter where you are.

The worst part is, the police aren't interested, and are not going to commence an investigation. I regard that decision as pretty weak, and it just makes you wonder if they know who the shooter is, and are protecting him.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-06-03/mystery-gympie-object-through-roof-identified-as-bullet/101123628

• Informative 1