Effect Of Ukraine War On GA.

walrus

Fill your fuel tanks now guys.

While I hope rational minds prevail and without wishing to take sides,  if we are lucky, fuel prices will rise.

If we are unlucky, you will wake up one morning to rationing or no fuel at all.

if we are very unlucky, we will be grounded as military airspace requirements supersede anything else.

Yes, I hope we are too far away but don't count on it.

Meglin props too.  I almost ordered one a few weeks ago - went so far as getting the invoice sent (sorry Greg and Vladimir) but decided not to simply because of the Russian situation.

My Bolly is in the mail.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, skippydiesel said:

Don't forget the price of oil/fuel is likly to go through the ceiling!

Yeah, here in the states… Biden closes the pipeline…. Then they start trying to ban 100LL..  GA is in a precarious situation everywhere 

14 hours ago, APenNameAndThatA said:

I think my Foxbat just dropped in value.

I am not so sure,if there is no supply for some time new buyers will have to look at good used ones. I think the same is happening with Van's RV series because of the very long delivery times for new kits and engines. Steady appreciation in prices for good aircraft is what I am seeing.

I worry about the aeropract factory . Are they OK? They appear to be in just the spot where the russians are. Do they use the same airfield as that enormous transport plane?

If needed, I will send a donation directly there if possible..

• Like 2

I hope the guys over there are OK, they are a great aircraft and it would be a shame to see any negative impacts on the factory because of the demons in Russia.

Hey Bruce, don't send a donation...send Foxbat wing mountable gatling guns and a few rocket launcher mounts...that should help put the good old Foxbat on the map in history

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just a slight thread drift - but the Ukrainians have now confirmed that the AN-225 Mriya has been destroyed (burnt) in a Russian attack.

The Ukrainians were unable to move the aircraft away from the Ukraine, because it was undergoing maintenance.

They're pretty angry about it, and vowing to make the Russians pay for it - but good luck with that idea, I'd say.

https://ukroboronprom.com.ua/news/rosiyani-znishhili-an-225-mriya-vona-bude-vidnovlena-za-kosti-okupanta

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bruce Tuncks said:

When I saw about that big plane, I wondered if that were the same airfield as Aeropract uses.

The Aeroprakt factory is on the outskirts of Kiev operating from its own airfield.

8BE7FC9A-4A73-4782-8767-1480C1B35B28.png

E597FCB3-067A-46FD-AA34-8C699DF4F8D1.jpeg

Edited by Bennyboy320
  • Like 3
  • Informative 1

Bad news! Foxbat is a nice machine, it would be on my shopping list if I had the folding plastic....Yes, Foxbat, NVG's and a gattling, it would be fun! Russians proving to be as useless as many thought. I hope they bleed big time...I lost a few mates to Russian supplied weaponry in Namibia (South West Africa), weaponry they have absolutely flooded the world with....every loonie rebel or jihadi and his dog, has an AK47 and a ZSU 23-2 mounted on a bloody Land Cruiser. I distinctly remember the Russian gun camera films of their strikes in Syria, they always seemed a bit off target...Every A10 Thunderbolt pilot in the world must be absolutely salivating at the sight of that tightly packed 3 vehicle deep convoy.....the 30mm Gatling would have a field day. 

Edited by F10
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

I wrote to Coastal Aviation recently, enquiring about Skyfox spares. They said they will look, they have quite a lot, then Ron mentioned they are thinking of building 25 and 25N Gazelles again. Interesting, maybe the Ukraine situation might increase incentive and might make a locally produced, affordable and locally supported aircraft in this class, a workable proposition?  Hopefully the 100 Hp 912S will be used as an engine, I think this will bring performance up to the level of Kitfoxes and Eurofox, without re-certification nightmares.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, APenNameAndThatA said:

The internet said the Foxbat people were saying they were going to keep manufacturing planes as long as they could. BAD decision. Should have moved their equipment to safety. 

It would be a tough call. Quite often when countries are at war, whole swathes of the country are largely unaffected. If where they are situated is not near any thing of major interest to the USSR, er, Russia then you have to consider the costs of uprooting all of that, and having to re place and retrain most of your staff

Edited by danny_galaga
  • Like 1