Mother-in-laws engine problem.

planedriver

Yes, that engine material, that is largely of Chinese origin today, is well known for not being able to meet the rigorous temperature requirements of high speed flight. They always fail to meet the specifications - largely due to cost-cutting, I believe.

• Like 1

Yes, I believe Sabco came under intense scrutiny after a number of unexplained crashes of this model. Sabco protested that the model was being used outside its design parameters, and therefore they could not be held liable.

CASA still have an ongoing investigation into the crashes, and the investigation should be formally completed around 31 Oct 2029.

The delay is being caused by the need to question the head of a group originally based in Salem, that is believed to be the main user of the model. The group now appears to be global, thus complicating the questioning process.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

according to the manufacturer there is no problem,  apparently if they are driven hard and maintained to sabco standards they are fine.  poor maintenance and slow climb out will cause a lean condition overheating the rear straw past its specified limits.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

my mother in law also wears a jet pack in case of broom failure.

although a dragon on a broom looks a bit odd anyway even without jet pack.

Edited by BrendAn
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BrendAn said:

my mother in law also wears a jet pack in case of broom failure.

although a dragon on a broom looks a bit odd anyway even without jet pack.

Mate, are we related?

There's a bit of a coincidence there.

Just wondering!

Edited by planedriver
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

That flying machine is way off the original design. Configuration is elongated rather than circular and it will obviously have a problem with offset thrust lines even if there is no fire.

• Like 2

ATSB have conducted a long, and exhaustive investigation, finally getting a handle on the problem. The owner had been overloading for years, and one final tight manoeuvre was the straw that broke the camel’s back.  Due to political interference the matter has been swept under the carpet.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, facthunter said:

That's got people in stitches, OME. Reminds me of the bloke who fell off a bridge in Paris and carried on as though he was In Seine. Nev

When Cleopatra fell off the barge she got counselling, but he said she was still in de Nile.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4