RPL to RPC/endorsements

So I have spent a bit too much during my RPL and am thinking that I needed to save some dosh going forward.

Would it be possible to do the following

1. Join RAA and get the RPC conversion from the RPL (5 hours I believe - I wanted to also do it in a taildragger to get a new endorsement)

2. Get X-Country Nav under my RPC

3. Then add the RAA/RPC taildragger+X-country Navs to my RPL

i guess the difference here is that I never did an initial RPC-> RPL conversion with that CASA form. Does this change anything or can I add some of the RPC endorsements added to my RPL later? I could not find a special form.

Edited by hkaneshiro

On 5/11/2022 at 8:54 AM, hkaneshiro said:

So I have spent a bit too much during my RPL and am thinking that I needed to save some dosh going forward.

1. Join RAA and get the RPC conversion from the RPL (5 hours I believe - I wanted to also do it in a taildragger to get a new endorsement)

i guess the difference here is that I never did an initial RPC-> RPL conversion with that CASA form. Does this change anything or can I add some of the RPC endorsements added to my RPL later? I could not find a special form.

The best way to save dosh is to stick with RA-Aus. 

On 05/11/2022 at 9:54 AM, hkaneshiro said:

#1 doable, but you may need to travel further to find RAA taildragger available for training. Taildragger hiring rates are usually around 10-20% more expensive than nose wheels.

#2 that will be additional 20 hours for Nav endorsement + theory exam. 

#3 may be tricky unless you find an RAA taildragger with VH rego since CASA require all flight tests to be done in VH aircraft.

If #3 is your end goal, maybe PPL->RPC path would be a better option?

Providing the school is both GA and RAA, they will be able to answer all your questions.

On 05/11/2022 at 9:54 AM, hkaneshiro said:

.... 3. Then add the RAA/RPC taildragger+X-country Navs to my RPL ... can I add some of the RPC endorsements added to my RPL later? I could not find a special form.

Yep, just fill in the form. Ask CASA to be sure to be sure, they are quite helpful at https://www.casa.gov.au/about-us/contact-us/flight-crew-licensing-enquiries

I'm Lucky, was having this chat with my instructor @ Adelaide Biplanes.
they recently picked up a VH registered champ, with long range tank. They already had an RAA registered champ I'm currently using to get my tailwheel endorsement.

being the same aircraft the conversion to RPL from RPC should be easy, they recommended doing it when I'm ready for Nav.
so the 5 hour time becomes Nav flights - as ill already be familiar with the aircraft

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

A little Off-topic , or Not  !.

just spotted this GEM '

'' PPRuNe   Amplify Trading is looking to sponsor five pilots to through an intensive training programme. The objective is to explore the behavioural advantage '' .

1st question is !,

Who is '' Amplify '' ,

And can they afford that huge expense .

2nd question !,

Who can Aford '' Full time training ? .

BUT found this.

'' PILOTS SWAP THE COCKPIT FOR TRADING SCREENS

15 Oct 2020This summer Amplify Trading selected five furloughed pilots to go through an intensive training programme to trade a funded account, live and ...  ''

spacesailor

Edited by spacesailor
more added
  • Informative 1

3 hours ago, spacesailor said:

A little Off-topic , or Not  !.

just spotted this GEM '

'' PPRuNe   Amplify Trading is looking to sponsor five pilots to through an intensive training programme. The objective is to explore the behavioural advantage '' .

1st question is !,

Who is '' Amplify '' ,

And can they afford that huge expense .

2nd question !,

Who can Aford '' Full time training ? .

BUT found this.

'' PILOTS SWAP THE COCKPIT FOR TRADING SCREENS

15 Oct 2020This summer Amplify Trading selected five furloughed pilots to go through an intensive training programme to trade a funded account, live and ...  ''

spacesailor

Read carefully, this is not "pilot training", this is "pilot trading training".. 

I met several people who invested in  Bitcoins trading, but none of them to my knowledge cashed up anything into real money.

• Like 1