Airparks, vacant blocks and development NSW

trailer

Airpark development seems to have stopped. Are there vacant hangar blocks available in NSW? Do you know of any future council release plans for airparks? Narromine, Temora, Holbrook and Tocumwal are some I know about that seem to have gone quiet.

Have a chat with Central Coast Aero Club at Warnervale. There is a new master plan for the airport which I believe includes a number of new hangar lots.

Also Cessnock airport has a number of new hangars built in the last 12 months.

I think I misinterpreted your post. 

Maybe Bondangara (Wellington) airstrip operated by Dubbo council ?

Not sure if there plans for hangars but at least they are apparently encouraging you to ‘house’ your small plane there.

• Like 1

I was speaking to a bloke at Ausfly a few months ago. He said he was in partnership with the original owner and that the local council had OK'd the concept of an airpark development. Since I'm not in that neck of the woods anymore, I'm not up to date with what is going on.

On 06/01/2023 at 8:00 PM, trailer said:

Airpark development seems to have stopped. Are there vacant hangar blocks available in NSW? Do you know of any future council release plans for airparks? Narromine, Temora, Holbrook and Tocumwal are some I know about that seem to have gone quiet.

Scone has a new residential estate going in on the south side of the airport, with 2 or 4 (depending if they sell all or part upfront) of the blocks going to back on to the airport fenceline - you can see the earthworks in the weathercam image below (it's actually facing West, not SE, ignore the overlay). No prices are available yet, but I wouldn't mind buying either or both as an investment!

Council is receptive to adjoining residents having through-the-fence access to the airport for a reasonable annual fee. I know the family who put this camera up and they have the right idea!

showimagecamera5.php

MCG-KURRAJONG-FIELDS-MASTER-A4-130722[1].pdf

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Has anyone ever seen the Deed made between the Commonwealth of Australia and a local Shire/Municipal Council when the Commonwealth handed over the maintenance of an aerodrome to the Local Government body? This is the first page;

image.thumb.jpeg.85f0a36a4d8b1219dbcc38ff923198cb.jpeg

As you read through the deed, you come across these little bits at Clause 2(h) and 2(k)

image.thumb.jpeg.a691dc6a89dc922538914b7872bb72b6.jpeg  image.thumb.jpeg.768ad84b4dd15400869e585fe3ab047a.jpeg

I obtained this from one of the files dealing with Tooraweenah aerodrome that are held in the National Archives. If you search the National Archives database for your threatened aerodrome, you will probably find a similar one.

• Informative 3

1 hour ago, old man emu said:

obtained this from one of the files dealing with Tooraweenah aerodrome that are held in the National Archives. If you search the National Archives database for your threatened aerodrome, you will probably find a similar one

AOPA would be interested to see that with the advocacy they are doing at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I just have one comment....before shelling out your hard-earned dollars,  check the security of (1) your land etc and (2) the security of the site's continuance as an airfield.

It was a salutory lesson to me when the Masonic Lodge decided to sell it's old folks homes ( in SA) to the highest bidder. Bravo the Catholics says I to this  betrayal by the Masons, I had been seriously thinking of trying to get my parents into those homes. I think they are now run by a consortium of Indians to the lowest legal standards.

It still may be a good idea to invest, but you should know the whole deal before you do.

• Informative 2

On 08/01/2023 at 6:45 AM, Love to fly said:

Block going for auction in February at Tocumwal Airport.  Another block recently sold.  Interest seems really high.

LTF, where did you hear about this? I regularly search the interweb for blocks for sale at Toc airpoart and only get the original Facebook advertising the council did. Without a Facebook account, I had no chance of seeing the original lots for sale, where of course, the Berrigan shire short changed their constituents and gave them away for a song.

I would be most interested in purchasing a block a Toc... or even a finished poroperty.

28 minutes ago, Jerry_Atrick said:

LTF, where did you hear about this? I regularly search the interweb for blocks for sale at Toc airpoart and only get the original Facebook advertising the council did. Without a Facebook account, I had no chance of seeing the original lots for sale, where of course, the Berrigan shire short changed their constituents and gave them away for a song.

I would be most interested in purchasing a block a Toc... or even a finished poroperty.

Looks like it sold normally with an agent listing it on Realestate.com. 15 Wirraway Ct, $285K.

And for those Scone blocks adjoining the airport, found out one's already sold, the other's listed for $347K. The other two adjoining residential properties recently sold for $800K (3x2, no shed) and $1.15M (5x3, + hangar-sized workshed) just two days apart last month!

On 18/05/2023 at 7:22 AM, Jerry_Atrick said:

23 hours ago, KRviator said:

Looks like it sold normally with an agent listing it on Realestate.com. 15 Wirraway Ct, $285K.

And for those Scone blocks adjoining the airport, found out one's already sold, the other's listed for $347K. The other two adjoining residential properties recently sold for $800K (3x2, no shed) and $1.15M (5x3, + hangar-sized workshed) just two days apart last month!

No, different one in Wirraway Ct.

23 hours ago, Jerry_Atrick said:

Thanks @KRviator. No idea how I missed the Tocumwal one.. I am on that site looking at Tocumwal, maybe twice/week.

Just noticed they have a hangal plot for sale.. Inquiry sent.

Hangar plot in Flight Place could also be hanger house methinks. Thete us another block almost opposite also with a signboard up. And SportAviation with associated house, hangars and caravan park has just come on the market. 

The one in Wirraway was sold the day it hit the market, and is the one I referred to as recently sold in my first comment. 

Edited by Love to fly
  • Informative 1