Are Instructors retiring and not being replaced?

46 minutes ago, jackc said:

Members of a limited company who regulate us all, AND then ask for donations…..

Sorry, I will hold my opinion until the day I die, reckon I have ten years left to get all my illegal aviation sh1t done 🙂

I thought you were going to change it?

At my age, I ain’t into trying to tow start concrete 747s.  The RAA needs to change as its forgotten WHERE it originated from. They have some good minds there,  and not so good ones. 

I wont hold my breath, while they run Millennial type policies and thinking…….

• Like 2

They don't know (or care) where this movement came from and they are beholden to CASA as to what is allowed. Originally "they" talked of parallel paths. No monopoly. 762 Kgs was CASA's suggestion. All the people running AUF were active pilots not expecting to go to the moon one day. SAFE AFFORDABLE Flying by developing skills and owner serviced available.. At this stage no one seems to know what the final goal is. Meanwhile WE wait and wait and get older.  Nev

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

8 minutes ago, facthunter said:

They don't know (or care) where this movement came from and they are beholden to CASA as to what is allowed. Originally "they" talked of parallel paths. No monopoly. 762 Kgs was CASA's suggestion. All the people running AUF were active pilots not expecting to go to the moon one day. SAFE AFFORDABLE Flying by developing skills and owner serviced available.. At this stage no one seems to know what the final goal is. Meanwhile WE wait and wait and get older.  Nev

A couple of meetings and that would all be over, but there just isn't the skill or experience stepping forward to drive that; the last lot ran away fast.

• Like 2

So, you become master of your own destiny……dont try to fix what you cant fix, especially when you get old.

Just do what you want and how you want, when you want…….and be happy 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, turboplanner said:

The mustering/station industry is a myth.

Way back in 1959 the Melbourne Porsche dealer, Norman Hamilton, designed and built quite a nice looking small aircraft for station inspections and mustering called a Jackeroo. It cost way less than the entry level Cessnas and Pipers, but sank like a rock in the market.

Inspection used to be feasible for broken pumps and empty stock troughs, but these days each watering site has solar powered reporting to satellite, and cameras if you want them, so you can do stock counts from the office, check on a particular animal. 

Some cattle are scared out of inaccessible outback gullies by aircraft and  mustered by helicopter, but the market these days has very specific demands on stock handling which limits the number of aicraft and helicopters. Having said that, the number of suitable properties is very small.

Gyros are still popular for mustering.

Cheap to operate and maintain.

Sportcopter USA even sell a heavy duty model especially for mustering in Australia. Rosco Symes of broken Hill also builds mustering gyros. 

But that's asras domain not raa.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

They say if you decide to go to ' trike ' weight shift , you have to rain on ' hang gliders '  ! .

It doesn't seem right to me . so if trikes are ( HGFA ) now SAFA  . were does ' Powered parachutes ' come under ? .

spacesailor

• Informative 1

30 minutes ago, spacesailor said:

They say if you decide to go to ' trike ' weight shift , you have to rain on ' hang gliders '  ! .

It doesn't seem right to me . so if trikes are ( HGFA ) now SAFA  . were does ' Powered parachutes ' come under ? .

spacesailor

Pretty sure Aerochute  powered paragliders are RAAus, any other paraglider and powered paraglider is SAFA. Confusing and inconsistent system of self regulation however you look at it.

• Informative 1

1 hour ago, trailer said:

Pretty sure Aerochute  powered paragliders are RAAus, any other paraglider and powered paraglider is SAFA. Confusing and inconsistent system of self regulation however you look at it.

Aerochute and other powered parachutes with wheeled bases are raaus. Group d pilot certificate.

Foot launch are SAFA.  

6 hours ago, trailer said:

Australia is a free country; anyone can set up to do just about anything; businesses have never operated in neat rows, and if you want to fly powered prachute or weightshift that's more determined by the location of instructors.

9 hours ago, BrendAn said:

Aerochute and other powered parachutes with wheeled bases are raaus. Group d pilot certificate.

Foot launch are SAFA.  

I am pretty sure this is correct because Knowsley aeropark train people to raa group d certificate on imported American powered parachutes but their foot launch PPG course is a different thing altogether.  The aerochute is the only certified ppc in Australia. Because the aerochute was designed in the UK for the British military and certified there casa gave certification to aerochute when they took over the business from powerchute systems int . Funny thing is the British military decided it wasn't a good idea to have soldiers hanging in the air at 30 mph with a 503 rotax telling the enemy they were on the way.so they canned it.

• Haha 1
  • Informative 1

5 hours ago, turboplanner said:

Australia is a free country; anyone can set up to do just about anything; businesses have never operated in neat rows, and if you want to fly powered prachute or weightshift that's more determined by the location of instructors.

YouTube can be your Instructor, so your training area can be anywhere in this FREE country 🙂