Finally a good news story.

WOW!!!!

Mmany questions - 

Rotax 912ULS?

I would have been interested to know the

• Fuel burn/hr and total used
  • Air & ground speeds

Did he carry his own service items or have them "posted" ahead.

I assume he carried some survival equipment, so why did he sleep , so uncomfortably, in his aircraft?

I see the aircraft has an "N" registration - USA - how come? Could an RAA registered aircraft fly outside Australia or must it be GA registered?

I found myself accidentally at a talk by this guy.    I went to see the film "Miracle on the Hudson".  Mike Smith is also the owner of the Sun Theatre in Yarraville.  He is responsible for saving and restoring this amazing Art Deco cinema.    Before I could enter the cinema to watch this film I had to wait for a school group to exit. The school group had just finished listening to a talk and slide show with Michael Smith.  When the audience entered the theatre he was starting to pack up his slide show but I think we convinced him to do a quick run-through of his presentation before the film. This was extra enjoyable because it was unexpected.

Edited by octave
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, octave said:

I found myself accidentally at a talk by this guy.    I went to see the film "Miracle on the Hudson".  Mike Smith is also the owner of the Sun Theatre in Yarraville.  He is responsible for saving and restoring this amazing Art Deco cinema.    Before I could enter the cinema to watch this film I had to wait for a school group to exit. The school group had just finished listening to a talk and slide show with Michael Smith.  When the audience entered the theatre he was starting to pack up his slide show but I think we convinced him to do a quick run-through of his presentation before the film. This was extra enjoyable because it was unexpected.

Agree, a top guy and what a trip.  Lucky to have some chats with him at Shute harbour at the Sea plane association presentation.  He also gave his presentation and had his new larger aircraft there.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1