Crazy aircraft prices

NT5224

Not quite !.

He provided the information to Re- register , the  already registered " 10-1103 " ,

As a 19- xxxx aircraft .

Also VHE XXX ( experimental ) .

No one has found a way to keep it's original category 10 designation. 

IF I put the wing of a " pegasus trike " on the Hummel. It CAN still stay in the 10 category. 

But ! . being SO blooody ugly , I loath to put my name on that register. 

spacesailor

my uneducated guess the 3 % - it was about that when I had aircraft insurance cover

I'm also curious how much a $ 200k cover costs ?

• Like 1

On 03/06/2023 at 3:54 PM, pmccarthy said:

I guess shopping around will get 1.8- 2.0% for the airframe cover then add $600-800 for third part liability etc.

I paid $1140.70 for 3rd party ($3mil liability only) for Cessna.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, waraton said:

RAA members market (Aviation Classifieds) is down to 8 aircraft for sale. I've never seen so few.

was thinking exactly that yesterday.  last year there were 35 aircraft for sale at one point. are there less for sale or are they selling on facebook and gumtree.

3 minutes ago, Carbon Canary said:

In 2014 there were 116 for sale.  
Any theories, anyone ?

A friend mentioned that RAAus / Sport Pilot adds cost $400- plus. 

Same person mentioned Plane Sales was $75-.  He has a current advert posted with Palne Sales.

Edited by Blueadventures
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Blueadventures said:

A friend mentioned that RAAus / Sport Pilot adds cost $400- plus. 

I believe that the writing and publication of Sport Pilot is out-sourced to a publishing company on a commercial basis. Therefore, advertising space in the magazine is priced at standard commercial advertising rates. You can't blame people who wish to advertise products or services to seek the lowest rates wherever they can be found. That's one of the reasons that there are so many Buy, Swap & Sell pages on Facebook.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Area-51 said:

Which half aircraft is for sale? The left or right half?

Well actually it was the bottom half of a Searey.

There are also 2 Lake Buccaneers in bits, wings removed etc for sale as a package deal.

A Navajo for $40,000 (Hmmm), a C150, Corby Starlet and a Bowers Fly Baby amongst others.

• Informative 1

On 01/06/2023 at 8:21 PM, spacesailor said:

Not quite !.

He provided the information to Re- register , the  already registered " 10-1103 " ,

As a 19- xxxx aircraft .

Also VHE XXX ( experimental ) .

No one has found a way to keep it's original category 10 designation. 

IF I put the wing of a " pegasus trike " on the Hummel. It CAN still stay in the 10 category. 

But ! . being SO blooody ugly , I loath to put my name on that register. 

spacesailor

Just to recap:

IF it was registered in the 10- before the change to the CAO that introduced the wing load requirement then it can be re-registered in teh 10- category with a grandfathered entitlement (just like my sapphire that does not have to comply with wing load because its been on the register since Adam was a lad)

Its a matter of what paperwork was issued by AUF and when as to this being viable.

BUT if it was not registered in 10- before the cut off date then it will never be registerable in 10- as it has no way enough wing area ... but it can go 19- any day of the week and the same pilots certificate will then let you fly it.

Cheers

• Informative 1

On 12/06/2023 at 8:38 PM, Blueadventures said:

Same person mentioned Plane Sales was $75-.  He has a current advert posted with Palne Sales.

I think I would personally avoid PlaneSales on principle now. They banned me from viewing their Feacesbook page after I commented on that Bellata Cirrus needing a significant amount of work a few months ago! :scratching head:

• Informative 2