Raa solo

Primary training includes solo hours must be done in a 24, 55 or 23 registered ans L2 maintained aircraft. Nav an other endorsements can be done in 19 or owner maintained aircraft subject to the instructor being happy to climb on board with you.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

6 hours ago, trailer said:

Primary training includes solo hours must be done in a 24, 55 or 23 registered ans L2 maintained aircraft. Nav an other endorsements can be done in 19 or owner maintained aircraft subject to the instructor being happy to climb on board with you.

thats pretty much what my instructor said too.  i was hoping he was wrong about the solo part . i just assumed if you were on your own and the instructor was on the ground supervising that it wouldn't matter what plane you were in as long as it was airworthy.

31 minutes ago, BrendAn said:

thats pretty much what my instructor said too.  i was hoping he was wrong about the solo part . i just assumed if you were on your own and the instructor was on the ground supervising that it wouldn't matter what plane you were in as long as it was airworthy.

It would matter 100% as the instructor would not have assessed you in the aircraft for your initial solo and it would be expected that you had not flown it before or been instructed in it.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

8 hours ago, facthunter said:

RAAus does not have individual aircraft endorsements just categories  Nev.

Correct, however, it is entirely reasonable that a new pilot would not just jump in a different aircraft, even if in the same category, after training in something different. It may be legal but it is not wise. Airmanship is the word which fits.

BrendAn being in the position to learn to fly and own an aircraft is one of the most incredible gifts you can have if you love flying something you would already understand. Nice job.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

IF the aircraft is owned by the said pilot it's unlikely he/she's not familiar with the cockpit layout etc and stuff in the POH. Unlikely to have purchased it without "being flown" in it.  Nev

19 hours ago, Blueadventures said:

It would matter 100% as the instructor would not have assessed you in the aircraft for your initial solo and it would be expected that you had not flown it before or been instructed in it.

Makes sense. I didn't think of that.

• Like 1