CAMit 40a Alternator backplate bolts needed.

waraton

The Alternator Is probably something off a forklift or such with just a CAMit  name pressed in. I think I fitted one to a Continental 16 F direct driven. A good auto electrician should have them. They are probably Metric threads. A bloke who  repaired forklifts gave me the one I used. Nev

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

Looks exactly like a generic 40A Kubota alternator cover.  6mm metric, with 10mm hex & phillips head. 6mm bolts are everywhere on a car and associated items like this.

If they are just to hold the cover on, they are probably short - 10mm long thread or so. Get some at the hardware store, install, reinstall to motor, cleanup tools and pack them away, then find three screws left over.

• Haha 3

The alternator looks suspiciously like this one (below) on eBay - a generic "mini" 70 amp alternator. The cover plate is held on with standard 6mm flanged-head automotive screws, usually supplied with a Phillips screwdriver recess in the head, as well as a 10mm hex head - as 440032 says.

You can usually find these screws in the "Champion", "handy packs" rotating stands, at your local automotive parts supplier.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/284451375074

The bolt is actually a standard SEMS panel fastener, I buy them in lots of 25 to 50 at a time from JNS Fasteners, you always seem to need them.

https://www.jnsfasteners.com.au/collections/bolts-and-fasteners

Alternator.JPG

Edited by onetrack
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, 440032 said:

cleanup tools and pack them away, then find three screws left over.

That's exactly what will happen, they will be with the exhaust springs which are also missing!

7 hours ago, facthunter said:

might hold more than the cover

Definitely only securing the cover but thanks for the heads up

7 hours ago, onetrack said:

You can usually find these screws in the "Champion", "handy packs" rotating stand

Thats where Ill be when they open in the morning ...thanks

• Like 2

Definitely just go to an auto sparky with it. I've been out of the loop for a while but that is either a Denso or Hitachi automotive alternator. A good sized workshop will have some junk ones (always good to keep for bits and pieces like those bolts and various insulators). They'll sort you out with exactly the same parts.

• Like 1

Just an update...the bolts were 4mm hex head...rodknee was all over this and picked it, phoned me the other night ...Thanks. So for the record CAMit 40a alternator backplate cover screws are automotive 4mm hex head 20mm. 

• Like 1
  • Informative 1