Wangaratta Fly-In 23rd April 2023

Neil_S

3 hours ago, facthunter said:

Curtis Wren there?  Nev

Hi Nev,

It's a 1930's Curtiss Robin, owned by Jack Vevers at Tyabb. Immaculate!

Cheers,

Neil

Fisher Biplane with a Werner Radial. RAAus numbers. Looks like a perfect day Several Kittyhawks. You may still be able to get a Joyride on one of those.   A lot of good work is done in the Hangar there. Nev

4 hours ago, facthunter said:

Fisher Biplane with a Werner Radial. RAAus numbers. Looks like a perfect day Several Kittyhawks. You may still be able to get a Joyride on one of those.   A lot of good work is done in the Hangar there. Nev

Hi Nev,

I think the Fisher is owned by Derek Dyer (it used to be anyway - it was previously painted green, if I recall correctly). 

Cheers,

Neil

Edited by Neil_S
  • Helpful 1

16 hours ago, 440032 said:

Seems the aircraft were fenced off from the public to keep them (the aircraft) safe?

Unlike every major airshow and fly-in in USA.

If, and I do mean "if", the Tooraweenah event is not cancelled due to lack of interest from the very people it has been created for, then there will be a static display area (with security) open to the public to get close to the aircraft.

I WISH to travel to your show !.

But

Everything is in the maybe box , I got my Delica out & will have a trial run , with sleepover this weekend. 

Climbing in & out of a bed high on wheels , won't be the best idea . I will definatly miss my soft & comfortable bed.

( first trip in Years  ).

spacesailor

Spacey,

Non-stop it's a 5 hour drive from Penrith at 100 kph via Mudgee. So if you take a break at Lithgow; Mudgee and Dunedoo that's about seven hours'.

1 hour ago, spacesailor said:

Climbing in & out of a bed high on wheels , won't be the best idea

Woops. I missed the "w' in that sentence.

The OLD shit the hospitals gave  you, ( only known as Opiates ) , made your head spin at an unnerving rate . then those dreams of running on turning stones , would have driven an adult to drink !.

BUT I was Three & as skinny as a pole . ( four five 6 7 8 somewhere after which I started school ).

PS , my Delica has a bed in the back , with not a lot of headroom . ( I think I may have to take a step-ladder ).

spacesailor

Edited by spacesailor

3 hours ago, spacesailor said:

The OLD shit the hospitals gave  you, ( only known as Opiates ) , made your head spin at an unnerving rate . then those dreams of running on turning stones , would have driven an adult to drink !.

BUT I was Three & as skinny as a pole . ( four five 6 7 8 somewhere after which I started school ).

PS , my Delica has a bed in the back , with not a lot of headroom . ( I think I may have to take a step-ladder ).

spacesailor

On 24/4/2023 at 6:48 PM, Thruster88 said:

Four Luscombe 8's very nice.

I could be wrong but the Blue one is a Luscombe the other three I think are Cessna 140's.

• Agree 1

14 hours ago, RocketShip said:

I could be wrong but the Blue one is a Luscombe the other three I think are Cessna 140's.

I would agree. They do look similar, but there is a different shaped fin/rudder, and different strut(s). You can see the word "Cessna" on the tail of one of the 140s too. In addition many Luscombe aircraft have the Luscombe "S" logo, which the aircraft in the picture has on its tail. I was interested to see it was 24 registered, implying factory-built. 

Neil

Edited by Neil_S

1 hour ago, Neil_S said:

I would agree. They do look similar, but there is a different shaped fin/rudder, and different strut(s). You can see the word "Cessna" on the tail of one of the 140s too. In addition many Luscombe aircraft have the Luscombe "S" logo, which the aircraft in the picture has on its tail. I was interested to see it was 24 registered, implying factory-built. 

Neil

Also the rear window on the Cessna 140 is different to the Luscombe.